Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to CCat

Re: Poll - Free Office Suites

I gave LibreOffice a shot since it was what all the cool kids were saying you should use for meritorious philosophical ideas, rather than functional reasons, but sadly my experience wasn't as smooth as it was with OpenOffice. LibreOffice touts a lot of features but I encountered a few issues with the interface and file compatibility that suggest they have a ways to go before its as polished as Open Office.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
kudos:2
reply to CCat

LibreOffice gets it done for me.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:4
reply to CCat

I use Apache's Open Office on Win 8. It is great. Looking forward to the soon to be released ver 4.

I tried Libre and it wouldn't install on Win 8. In the past, I had tried the OLD Open Office (Oracle's) on XP Pro and had nothing but problems. I tried Libre on XP Pro also and had lots of problems with it. So, I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice Apache's Open Office is on Win 8.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

2 recommendations

No issues installing LibreOffice on any of XP, Vista, W7 or W8. Long live LibreOffice!
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

said by darcilicious:

Long live LibreOffice!

+1
--
Gladiator Security Forum

MasterBash

join:2001-08-06
Richelieu, QC
reply to CCat

I tried libreoffice impress and it was slow as hell to switch slides when you are using the slideshows. I went back to Microsoft Office for that reason, it was driving me crazy.

psicop
More human than human
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Australia
reply to CCat

OO here. It works great for me so I won´t change to anything else until the suite ceases to exist.

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2
reply to CCat

Kingsoft Office for me.

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
reply to CCat

Vim & Multiplan.
Now that's suite .

(I'd love to have Multiplan working on Win7 x64, natively, but ah, what'ya'goina'do!)

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
kudos:1
reply to CCat

LibreOffice

bbrcat
RIP Lisa
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-09
NH