spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kakashi05
join:2006-02-02
Encinitas, CA

kakashi05

Time Warner Downgrade Pricing San Diego North County

I'm on the old Daniel's cable system purchased by TW in Encinitas, CA. Trying to save money to pay off some medical bills. I'd like to downgrade my Time Warner service to basic cable and internet. Not sure which internet package I have, as it's not listed on my bill, but I get about 7.5 mb/s down and 900 kb/s up.

They quoted me $70/month if I turn in my cable box with DVR (not sure if I get a regular box then or just plug directly into the TV?). My questions are:

1. Is this a fair price?
2. Will the basic channels I get still be in HD?
3. Has anyone done this and if so and advice?

Thank you,
Kakashi
alexintexas
join:2003-01-11
San Antonio, TX
Netgear CM500
TP-Link Archer C7
Obihai OBi200

alexintexas

said by kakashi05:

They quoted me $70/month if I turn in my cable box with DVR (not sure if I get a regular box then or just plug directly into the TV?). My questions are:

dvr + dvr service runs about $24 a month alone

with "basic cable" that is channels 2-22 nothing more
said by kakashi05:

1. Is this a fair price?

with what internet speed? if basic 3Mbps and basic cable,,,no!
said by kakashi05:

your locals yes if you have a TV with correct tuner "QAM" yes

Dotbumb
@rr.com

Dotbumb to kakashi05

Anon

to kakashi05
More info please like what do u pay now? Fair price is what u r willing to pay for services received

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI
Hitron EN2251
Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien

Defiance to kakashi05

Premium Member

to kakashi05
Click for full size
Less than I pay. I'm at $198.66 a month for 50/5 service and rest is $130 in cable charges. Gotta love PlayBoy TV.

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
join:2010-09-13
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled to kakashi05

Premium Member

to kakashi05
said by kakashi05:

I'm on the old Daniel's cable system purchased by TW in Encinitas, CA. Trying to save money to pay off some medical bills. I'd like to downgrade my Time Warner service to basic cable and internet. Not sure which internet package I have, as it's not listed on my bill, but I get about 7.5 mb/s down and 900 kb/s up.

1. Is this a fair price?

Thank you,
Kakashi

Yes, if your TV has a C-QAM tuner. Also, TWC has a DTA Box that is free for now, and will be (initially, at least) $1.00/month starting in Dec. in the N. Texas market. The DTA Box gives local channels in HD, as well as Discovery in HD.

I have a plan that gives me Basic + Standard Cable and Basic Internet. With the discount given it's $59.83 Total.

That includes the TWC Internet Modem Lease of $3.95/mo which was gone for a few years.... but now it's baaaack. TWC, always staying up late and weekends thinking about how they can serve you.

I got this from Wiki about TWC's Internet Plans:

Time Warner Cable Internet has standardized the Internet tiered service data rates across most of its franchises, although some minor regional variations might still exist. The maximum advertised speeds for these services are:

Basic: 3.0 Mbit/s / 1.0 Mbit/s
Standard: 15 Mbit/s / 1 Mbit/s
Turbo: 20 Mbit/s / 2 Mbit/s
Extreme: 30 Mbit/s / 5 Mbit/s
Ultimate: 50 Mbit/s / 5 Mbit/s

Notice the Huge difference between Basic and Standard....3 to 15.

Giving the customer what they want.

mikemikey
join:2005-06-28
Murrieta, CA

mikemikey to kakashi05

to kakashi05
I am in your area on formerly Adelphia and before that it was "Daniel's Cablevison". I didn't even realize Encinitas was on TW. Had friends off of Leucadia and the 5 and they were on COX.

Anyway, They charge one time fee of $25 just to allow you to "downgrade" The $70/mo package I believe is just "standard cable" Channels 2-99

Not sure about the HD as I believe you have to have a box or cable card.
mikemikey

mikemikey to kakashi05

to kakashi05
said by kakashi05:

1. Is this a fair price?

Thank you,
Kakashi

I am having the worst time today. I typed out a rather detailed post and lost it all, page froze and hitting reply did nothing.

I am in your area on former Daniels Cablevison>Adelphia>Time Warner.

If you downgrade they charge a one time $25 fee.

The $70 a month is their "standard" package channels 2-99 Im pretty sure you can get the duplicate HD's as well as the city channels and cool TV, meTV etc on the low 100s but would need a cable card or box I assume unless your TV can tune to it without it.