bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to wingrider01

Premium Member

to wingrider01

Re: [HSI] WTF Charter.. Stop giving me a hard time

I should start running a business like that Tell my potential customers to pay for everything so I don't have to invest in anything and there's no waiting for ROI. Hmm, whatever happened to "If you build it they will come?"
wingrider01
join:2006-07-25
Saint Louis, MO

wingrider01

said by bobjohnson:

I should start running a business like that Tell my potential customers to pay for everything so I don't have to invest in anything and there's no waiting for ROI. Hmm, whatever happened to "If you build it they will come?"

Urban legend just like "the customer is always right" is a urban legend.

Infrastructure costs, both in legal fees and construction and upkeep, the end users will foot the bill either by higher monthly charges or a up front payment for the work. 60 homes is not a good return considering there is no promises that all 60 will pick charter as their provider for cable and internet. Direct tv is prevelant in the area I work and live with dish a close second. In my subdivision of 130 homes home the majority have sat dishes - mine included, I only have charter for internet.
wingrider01

wingrider01 to bobjohnson

to bobjohnson
said by bobjohnson:

Urban legend just like "the customer is always right" is a urban legend.

Infrastructure costs, both in legal fees and construction and upkeep, the end users will foot the bill either by higher monthly charges or a up front payment for the work. 60 homes is not a good return considering there is no promises that all 60 will pick charter as their provider for cable and internet. Direct tv is prevalent in the area I work and live with dish a close second. In my subdivision of 130 homes home the majority have sat dishes - mine included, I only have charter for internet.
opticnode
join:2010-12-01
Birmingham, AL

opticnode

They won't do it.. So I am getting my city involved.. I live in a small city/town. Makes no sense for the to service an entire neighborhood expect one street. Cost effective or not.. Why not run cable in the entire neighborhood? Half my street has it, then it just "stops".

InTheKnow
@charter.com

InTheKnow

Anon

Opticnode keep pushing the point. There is going to be a big construction push to build out plant to subdivisions that havent been serviced in Alabama / Georgia starting later this year.