Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
reply to Jack_in_VA

Re: How would/do you smooth out caulking?

said by Jack_in_VA:

Now that it's cured I don't know of any way to correct it.

Yeah.. my problem.
I mean I can simply completely remove the bad caulk and start over, but I'd rather not.

I don't see how dawn can help in my case. Sure, it can make it "smooth" in texture, but it can't smooth out my ogre fingers.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
Another option would be to apply some more caulk over it, and make sure that's smooth. However, with your "ogre fingers", that will probably make it look even worse, so you may just wan to leave it as-is.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

alkizmo

Pierrefonds, QC
said by aurgathor:

Another option would be to apply some more caulk over it, and make sure that's smooth. However, with your "ogre fingers", that will probably make it look even worse, so you may just wan to leave it as-is.

I think I will call in my fragile-as-silk-silky-wife to do her fingering.

Or just do in with ALL my power tools that do some sort of sanding.

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
reply to alkizmo
said by alkizmo:

said by Jack_in_VA:

Yeah.. my problem.
I mean I can simply completely remove the bad caulk and start over, but I'd rather not.

I don't see how dawn can help in my case. Sure, it can make it "smooth" in texture, but it can't smooth out my ogre fingers.

You have to clean and smooth caulk before it hardens. You ogre fingers have nothing to do with it.

alkizmo

Pierrefonds, QC
said by robbin:

You have to clean and smooth caulk before it hardens. You ogre fingers have nothing to do with it.

I did! I still feel like it isn't smooth like butter

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
How did you do it and what caulk did you use? There really shouldn't be any caulk left to see with interior work.

ITICharlie1
Premium
join:2003-01-22
St. Louis MO
Too late now, but I use a plastic spoon to smooth out calk. The curve on the back of the tip is just right. Just wipe it off after each swipe.
--
Don't let my reality hinder your imagination!

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA
reply to alkizmo
said by alkizmo:

said by Jack_in_VA:

Yeah.. my problem.

Makes fingers slick. You could also use a metal putty knife occasionally spraying the metal with WD-40.
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007