sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2 to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx

Re: Bell 12% POTS Line Increase June 1st

Where / when did Bell announce this increase? I get a paper bill for one of my phone lines, and there is nothing printed on the bill (bill for mid-april to mid-may) that indicates a price increase.

I have two pots lines. One line has call-answer on it. Monthly charges are:

Residence line $26.22
911 emergency service access $0.16
Touch-Tone service $2.80
Call Answer service $10.95

The other line:

Residence line $24.28
911 emergency service access $0.16
Touch-Tone service $2.80

No other services listed for either line, and I've never had / ordered any other services for either line in the past.

Judging by those costs, are those lines still covered by tarrif as far as costs go? I note that I'm paying $2 more for "Residential line" for the first line vs the second - is this because it is not a tarrif'd product?

Is *anyone* in Ontario paying less than $27 from Bell for a basic POTS line at this point (including touch-tone and 911) ?

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by sm5w2:

Is *anyone* in Ontario paying less than $27 from Bell for a basic POTS line at this point (including touch-tone and 911) ?

It's possible that people are but they likely have a contract.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by JC_:

said by sm5w2:

It's possible that people are but they likely have a contract.

I'm paying about $13 for a basic line with no features. Pricing is good for a year without contract.

zong
Premium Member
join:2005-07-21
Scarborough, ON

zong

Premium Member

How many other services do you have with them? TV / Internet?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by zong:

How many other services do you have with them? TV / Internet?

Nothing, just POTS.

zong
Premium Member
join:2005-07-21
Scarborough, ON

zong

Premium Member

Can you post a screen cap of your bill like we did? You're in the scarbz and as am I, yet mine is double.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Click for full size
said by zong:

Can you post a screen cap of your bill like we did? You're in the scarbz and as am I, yet mine is double.

Here is the order summary I received. Don't have access to the online billing portal as I'm not the account holder.

Obviously, what I'm paying is not the regular price. I received an offer from Rogers for a basic landline for $10 a month price locked for 2 years. I called Bell asking what their 30 day notice policy was in regards to porting and they asked me why and I told them about the Rogers offer and this is what they offered me. Even though it was slightly more expensive than Rogers, this gave me the flexibility of not having a contract, but allowed me to buy some time while I evaluate different VoIP options.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to sm5w2

to sm5w2
said by sm5w2:

Where / when did Bell announce this increase? I get a paper bill for one of my phone lines, and there is nothing printed on the bill (bill for mid-april to mid-may) that indicates a price increase......Is *anyone* in Ontario paying less than $27 from Bell for a basic POTS line at this point (including touch-tone and 911) ?

Just posted price increase link in first post......Apparently Bell is picking and choosing which POTS customers get a $3.05 increase and who gets less of an increase and who gets a zero increase.

sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

> Just posted price increase link in first post......Apparently Bell
> is picking and choosing which POTS customers get a $3.05
> increase and who gets less of an increase and who gets a zero increase.

Can someone explain these increases?

»www.bell.ca/Residential_ ··· _updates

Who is paying these $18.xx, $19.xx, $20.xx, $22.xx prices? Are those Promo/contracts prices?

Why am I paying $27.28 and not $27.07? Looks like I'm going to be hit with the $3.05 increase (which pizzes me off).

Who would I have to be, or where would I have to be living, to be paying $27.07?

What is "rate band D2B" ???

What is so special about $27.33 ? Why are so many different rates being increased to that specific new rate?