share rss forum feed

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

3 edits

[Rant] PayPal and eBay always on seller's side

I do not know WTF with eBay, and PayPal. They are always on the seller's side.

OK. i have bought a digital service, and the service was down for about 10 days so when it came back it was not a full speed as described. So after opening the case with PayPal, and going back and forth the seller has won the case.

I had to open another case with eBay, because the item was not as described. eBay, and seller replying with the same message over, and over.

"We let the seller know the item wasn't as described.
The seller has offered you a full refund for the purchase price plus original shipping if you return the item. To get your refund, ship the item back to the seller. You will need to cover the cost of returning the item. Make sure you ship the item by May 09, 2013. "

Why should a buyer pay for the return shipping when the item was not as disturbed?

They are also wanting me to return the item way before exploration period

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state

1 recommendation

said by Oleg:

OK. i have bought a digital service, and the service was down for about 10 days so when it came back it was not a full speed as described. So after opening the case with PayPal, and going back and forth the seller has won the case.

I had to open another case with eBay, because the item was not as described. eBay, and seller replying with the same message over, and over.

The seller has offered you a full refund for the purchase price plus original shipping if you return the item. To get your refund, ship the item back to the seller. You will need to cover the cost of returning the item. Make sure you ship the item by May 09, 2013. "

Why should a buyer pay for the return shipping when the item was not as disturbed?

A buyer shouldn't have to pay for shipping back, however for Ebay/Paypal they make you to get your refund, unless the seller voluntarily agrees to give you a prepaid label. Its bad, yes, but thats they way they work.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
reply to Oleg

I have called the company, and they have told be the description says "the buyer is responsible for the return shipping." It's still does not make it right to make a buyer pay for the return shipping cost as the item was misdescribed.

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

1 recommendation

reply to Oleg

That's why I gave up on Fleabay a couple years ago. I got Amazon Prime and usually get the same or better prices there and outstanding customer service!

Just last week I bought a blood glucose meter that was supposed to work with my current strips by the description. When I got it, the meter did not work with my strips. Due to it being a medical item Amazon does not allow returns.

I simply emailed Amazon about the item description being wrong and hoped they would fix it for the next person. I was out only $10. They fixed the description and refunded me $10 and another $10 to order one that would work. They apologized for the error and wanted to make up for it.

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state

1 recommendation

said by Bamafan2277:

That's why I gave up on Fleabay a couple years ago. I got Amazon Prime and usually get the same or better prices there and outstanding customer service!

Just last week I bought a blood glucose meter that was supposed to work with my current strips by the description. When I got it, the meter did not work with my strips. Due to it being a medical item Amazon does not allow returns.

I simply emailed Amazon about the item description being wrong and hoped they would fix it for the next person. I was out only $10. They fixed the description and refunded me $10 and another $10 to order one that would work. They apologized for the error and wanted to make up for it.

This is why I love Amazon(besides the oversea customer service on the phone). But at the same time I like Ebay too.
Oleg- hope it works out for you, but thats the way Ebay's policy is. If you were dealing with an actual business online, I am sure they would pay for return shipping for a product misdescribed.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

said by billydunwood:

said by Bamafan2277:

This is why I love Amazon(besides the oversea customer service on the phone). But at the same time I like Ebay too.
Oleg- hope it works out for you, but thats the way Ebay's policy is. If you were dealing with an actual business online, I am sure they would pay for return shipping for a product misdescribed.

Exactly. If the buyer has decided he does not need the item anymore than yes it is fair to make the buyer to be responsible for return postage.

H_T_R_N
Premium
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by Oleg:

Exactly. If the buyer has decided he does not need the item anymore than yes it is fair to make the buyer to be responsible for return postage.

Did you actually read the return information before bidding? I just love how because people don't read, they believe that the end result should be how they think it should be. If you don't want to be shocked READ the return policy. If you don't agree with it DON'T BID!!!

How in the world are you to be sure the item is exactly what you want or need it you never took the time to READ the entire description? Why is it the sellers fault you purchased something without understanding what you are buying?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Oleg

At least you are not paying a 15% restocking fee.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
reply to Oleg

But i am at fault as well. I should of done research before buying the item.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
reply to billydunwood

Thanks billydunwood. I will keep fighting to the end.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
reply to H_T_R_N

said by H_T_R_N:

said by Oleg:

Did you actually read the return information before bidding? I just love how because people don't read, they believe that the end result should be how they think it should be. If you don't want to be shocked READ the return policy. If you don't agree with it DON'T BID!!!

How in the world are you to be sure the item is exactly what you want or need it you never took the time to READ the entire description? Why is it the sellers fault you purchased something without understanding what you are buying?

Well i did not know at first the item does not support a specific format. What i was trying to say is it is fair for the buyer to pay for the return shipping if nothing was wrong with item or description.

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel

1 recommendation

said by Oleg:

What i was trying to say is it is fair for the buyer to pay for the return shipping if nothing was wrong with item or description.

Yes, it is perfectly fair to expect the buyer to pay the return shipping for an item that arrived as-described.

This is SOP for most online retailers and I see no reason why Ebay purchases should be any different.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Bamafan2277

I tried to buy a laptop battery and I was sent the wrong one.

Ebay.

The seller asked me to ship it back and indicate the cost of shipping. I received a full refund for the item and the return shipping.

Some sellers are better than others.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

I always read the "Return Policy Details" if available before I bid or buy.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by Johkal:

I always read the "Return Policy Details" if available before I bid or buy.

Excellent advice.

I have never checked it.

Now I will.

Thanks,

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

2 edits
reply to Johkal

I think that the company should send a prepaid shipping label if it is their fault. I was not planing to return the product, because i were expecting the company to send correctly described the product.

It would be the same thing as listing an OEM computer or PC with description it has 8GB of RAM, and when it arrives it only has 4GB of RAM.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

I do agree with you; however it is their terms bud.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to workablob

said by workablob:

I tried to buy a laptop battery and I was sent the wrong one.

Ebay.

The seller asked me to ship it back and indicate the cost of shipping. I received a full refund for the item and the return shipping.

Some sellers are better than others.

Dave

That is what is being offered to the OP but they still want to complain.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..

1 recommendation

reply to Oleg

said by Oleg:

So did you actually buy a service or an item? This post and all your other ones do not describe (or disturbed?) what you are trying to return exactly. Do you even know what you bought?

A service wouldn't need to be shipped let alone need return shipping.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

I sure have.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to billydunwood

said by billydunwood:

said by Oleg:

A buyer shouldn't have to pay for shipping back, however for Ebay/Paypal they make you to get your refund, unless the seller voluntarily agrees to give you a prepaid label. Its bad, yes, but thats they way they work.

This is why you always zero out your paypal account and always use a real credit card.
When ebay and the seller screw you, you do a chargeback to get your money back.
Paypal will put your account into negative when you do a chargeback thus you need to make sure to keep it empty. So you can create a new account if you want to.

Anyways you dont even need an account to use paypal anymore.
I never log into my paypal account anymore, I always pay with credit card as a guest.
It makes it easier to do a chargeback if paypal or the seller screws you.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

1 recommendation

reply to H_T_R_N

said by H_T_R_N:

said by Oleg:

Those terms only apply if they send you exactly what you bought and you want to return it.
If they send you the wrong item or something different enough to NOT be what you ordered then the seller needs to pay the return shipping.
A buyer would be happy if they were sent what they ordered, but if the seller failed to do that then the seller NEEDS to pay for the return shipping.
The buyer should never have to pay for seller mistakes.
--

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

%100 agree. as for eBay case they are responding to my claim over and over " The seller will issue you a full refund one's they get the item back. You will need to cover the cost of shipping the item back to the seller"

What is it to eBay?
How much will eBay going to lose to make the seller pay for the return shipping label?

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

1 recommendation

That is trusting the seller to actually go through with giving you a credit for the return shipping.
I would ask the seller to give me their number so you could call them to verify the address verbally.
If they decide to not actually credit you for the shipping then you cant really do the chargeback to USPS.

I would also try to get them to give me the credit first based on the return shipping price from USPS or try to get them to create the shipping label online and email it to me so I could print it out.

Trusting you the seller to give you a credit for the return shipping is not really fair.
Ebay should not put you in that position as a buyer.
The person already sent you the wrong item, so you dont have a reason to trust them by giving them a free loan on the return shipping.
--

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

1 edit

The eBay is also responsible, because it was their item listing template »cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi···28088014 the seller has used to list the item.

Thanks r81984 for the suggestions.