Search similar:

uniqs

FF4m3
@rr.com

FF4m3

Anon

All Your Communications are Recorded, Government Accessible

Former FBI Agent: All Your Communications are Recorded, Government Accessible:

"All of that stuff is being captured as we speak whether we know it or like it or not" -- former FBI agent

...on a segment of CNN's Out Front with Erin Burnett, former FBI counterterrorism agent Tim Clemente suggested that the FBI has access to every U.S. citizen's phone conversations past and present.

The exchange went as follows:

Erin Burnett:
Tim, is there any way, obviously, there is a voice mail they can try to get the phone companies to give that up at this point. It's not a voice mail. It's just a conversation. There's no way they actually can find out what happened, right, unless she tells them?

Tim Clemente:
No, there is a way. We certainly have ways in national security investigations to find out exactly what was said in that conversation. It's not necessarily something that the FBI is going to want to present in court, but it may help lead the investigation and/or lead to questioning of her. We certainly can find that out.

EB:
So they can actually get that? People are saying, look, that is incredible.

TC:
No, welcome to America. All of that stuff is being captured as we speak whether we know it or like it or not.
In other words, according to this former FBI agent and well respected expert, every single conversation made by an American via wired or wireless phone signals is being recorded, in most cases without a warrant.

Further, some are extrapolating his phrasing "no digital communication is secure" -- to suggest that the government and its corporate partners are also intercepting all other forms of communication, such as instant messages, emails, and private forum posts. If accurate, again this interception would be in most cases without warrant.

...in a 2007-era whistleblower-report supporting a lawsuit filed against the federal government by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an expert witness suggested that the surveillance efforts were alive and well. The witness in a court deposition wrote that the NSA had worked with AT&T, Inc., the second largest wireless carrier in the country on a program to "vacuum up" phone traffic, internet traffic, emails, and more without warrant.

In that report, a retired 22-year AT&T technician, Mark Klein, recalls "that the NSA set up a system that vacuumed up Internet and phone-call data from ordinary Americans with the cooperation of AT&T" and that "contrary to the government's depiction of its surveillance program as aimed at overseas terrorists . . . much of the data sent through AT&T to the NSA was purely domestic."

The alleged interception took place at a shadowy site dubbed "Room 641a" at an AT&T facility in San Francisco, Calif. The room allegedly used splitters to duplicate and record every single communication for the region over fiber optic lines. The facility was reportedly just one of multiple such facilities across the country. Mr. Klein said he believed that virtually every major telecom/internet service provider was involved in the scheme and that virtually every form of digital communication was being recorded, based on his own first-hand experience.

Etc...
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 recommendation

19579823 (banned)

Nothing new.......This has been going on for years!

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Good, those engaging in criminal activity will be found. Unfortunately power corrupts and it will be used to find out who is voting for who and then you bank accounts will be emptied and then...... hey I think I saw this in a movie.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
said by 19579823:

More like decades.

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22

Premium Member

i saw j edgar too..........the red files are back........no wait...............they never left...........ask the narine major from bengotcha

FF4m3
@rr.com

FF4m3 to 19579823

Anon

to 19579823
said by 19579823:

Exactly true.

But at least now some (ex)officials are publicly coming clean about it.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to FF4m3

MVM

to FF4m3

Re: All Your Communications are Recorded, Government Accessible

Been going on forever, but nothing like now. Our privacy is a long gone thing. As another example, DHS is mostly working to keep an eye on us, its own people. Agree or disagree, it doesn't matter to me, but here is what some think about all of the "recording" etc. that is going on in the US.
»patriotaction.net/forum/ ··· opic

BEEWISE
@rr.com

BEEWISE to FF4m3

Anon

to FF4m3
I got the FBI Virus by opening an email. And usually I don't open emails from people that I don't know. I had someone install different anti-viruses from remote, because I am not computer savvy enough to download these viruses. And I was afraid of having errors, because of incorrectly downloading and installing.Do you think that allowing an to install these devices is more or less helpful? Or is there an easier download version of an anti-virus you have for use? Please help. Thanks!

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to FF4m3

Premium Member

to FF4m3

Re:  

said by FF4m3 :

said by 19579823:

Exactly true.

Has anyone tried to compute the amount of data that would be required to record everything everyone in the US says, emails, posts, etc. I didn't think so.

javaMan
The Dude abides.
MVM
join:2002-07-15
San Luis Obispo, CA

1 edit

javaMan

MVM

said by SparkChaser:

said by FF4m3 :

said by 19579823:

Exactly true.

Has anyone tried to compute the amount of data that would be required to record everything everyone in the US says, emails, posts, etc. I didn't think so.

I don't believe they have been or are recording everything (it would be a daunting task as you suggest). What I do believe is that the NSA and others are running all this communication through filters trying to hit on words or phrases that, to them, sets of an alarm, ala The Bourne Ultimatum. Be that as it may, to me it is no less objectionable or un-constitutional.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by javaMan:

What I do believe is that the NSA and others are running all this communication through filters trying to hit on words or phrases that, to them, sets of an alarm,

Yep, that I'll believe
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

1 recommendation

OZO to FF4m3

Premium Member

to FF4m3

Re: All Your Communications are Recorded, Government Accessible

That's how the former law-based society slowly but surely moves to the point, when the law becomes one-sided. We see more and more that the government can violate almost any law (in this particular example it's illegal wiretapping, other cases may include killing US citizens without a trial, etc). At the same time with every year coming the citizens get more and more restrictive laws, regulating every bit of their lives. And government is making sure, that the latter laws are strictly enforced (to protect our children from "predators" and the rest of us from "terrorists" of course)... Welcome to the New Order society, based on mass surveillance

How it works? Simple steps to achieve the goal (PR way):
1. Do it silently. You have a law protected power to hide it anyway
2. Start spreading confusing rummors (no one knows exactly the truth, only speculations). Use media to convince people, that they need a protection and only government can offer that
3. Watch when in a while people start telling each others - "there is nothing new"...
4. At this point public becomes ready to accept it. Then admit it and change the old law or make a new one, justifying it with the eternal goal - to protect people from ...

Do you see any news here? Can you see the trend at all? Ask yourself...
Expand your moderator at work