how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

maddogct2

join:2000-10-12
Norwalk, CT

What a bunch of Whinners!!!

If the members of the "church" of scientology really belived in what LRH preached, they wouldn't react so strongly to the crtitisism. Other religions don't sue ISP's, Television Networks, radio stations, newspapers, magazines, reporters and authors like the way the scientologists do. When was the last time the Catholic Church sued a newspaper over a news story?

LRH preached about using the court system to silence critics
by filing frivoluos law suits and the THREAT of law suits. Hit the critic in the pocket book was his mantra. Sueing the media was pretty easy. Now with the internet, anyone can go online and be crictical and reach millions of people. Ouch!
Now they are getting more bad publicity with this latest tactic. It will probably be converd by the network news soon. They can't stand the scientologist...all those law suits make for a lot enemies.
Last rant...
What church requires you to buy thier bible? Why do you have to pay for seminars and classes to become a better scientologist? Money. The church of scientology is all about money.

SRFireside

join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX
Exactly. I find it hard to classify the Church of Scientology a religion since they charge you for spiritual enlightenment. It's one thing to ask for contributions to keep a church running and a completely other to have an itemized bill. According to the Church of Scientology you cannot progress to the upper levels of spirituality with the right training, which costs money... lots of it. Sound more to me like a self help organization than a church. They shouldn't be getting any tax exempt status because of this.
--
When do I get my freakin' third star?!?!?

wolfvgang

@lbcktx.swbell.ne
reply to maddogct2
I think all religions, though tolerated, should be investigated as much as possible, including mine! As a scientist and as a honest human being I know that the truth will come out if we honestly and meticulously seek it out. How insecure is a religion or philosophy that seeks to supress investigations into it's own beliefs and practices?
I also want to add that, although sad, it is no suprise to me that some Catholic priests are pedophiles, or that L. Ron Hubbard was a fantastic con man. We've all seen a bit about how bad we humans can be. Let's together try to be better than that!
I'm a Christian in the middle of the conservative bible belt in the American southwest. I'm not about slamming honest people (even brain-washed cultists...)

maddogct2

join:2000-10-12
Norwalk, CT
reply to SRFireside
scientology is a pyramid scheme wrapped in religion.

SRFireside

join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX
said by maddogct:
scientology is a pyramid scheme wrapped in religion.
...wrapped in a paradox wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a soft tortilla shell topped with sour cream and chile con queso
--
When do I get my freakin' third star?!?!?

g0nepostal
I Am The One Her Mom Warned Her About

join:2001-03-23
Burlingame, CA

Churchill must be rolling over in his grave....

....but even ol' WC himself couldn't have said it better.

gp