spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

TV Guide Network Dropped in Cumberland Effective 6/30

TV Guide Network (channel 2) will be dropped per my latest statement on June 30th here. I couldn't care less, but some older people with analog only will be quite upset. I don't know if this change applies to all of the regions, but it does here.

I would like to see the full-screen version of the channel, who appears to have some decent programming.

One less analog channel, two more HD channels would be a nice little deal to make, I would think.
JimmyK814
join:2010-12-29
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

When they dropped KDKA in Altoona, the CBS affiliate from Pittsburgh, they didn't bother replacing it. They just simulcast WTAJ from channel 5 on channel 2. Seems like a waste of a prime spot.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

It's a nice thought to use the bandwidth, at least.

Has there ever been any word on those dozens of promised HD channels using SDV in Altoona/Johnstown? I figure our next additions may come from whatever you guys get when it goes to 80-100 HD channels there.

If I were guessing, and 100 HD channels is the goal, that we'd get the following:

QVC HD
HSN HD
VH1 HD
OWN HD
Oxygen HD
BET HD
CMT HD
Style HD
Destination America HD
H2 HD
ID HD
ESPNEWS HD
HBO Latino HD
MoreMax HD
ActionMax HD
Showtime Extreme HD
Showtime Beyond HD
TMC Xtra HD

That's 18 that would take us to 96.

Altoona/Johnstown have less locals than us, but would get added premiums from HBO Comedy HD, HBO Zone HD and ThrillerMax HD which are not carried here. Without adding some channels not in the system, there's not much else they can add than that. I would really like to see GSN HD, TV Land HD, Hub HD and Fuel HD with the pending Fox Sports 2 HD conversion, not including channels we don't currently have available in any form.