uniqs
share rss forum feed

old_tech
Premium
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

1 edit

6.9.1.42-plus.tm software update

Appears that the newest software update 6.9.1.42-plus.tm has bricked my 3800 RG. Already have tech support sending a new 3801 overnight, so this is a fyi.

The update came out overnight after midnight on 5/5/13. The RG will appear online, but when you go in and look at the main page, it will show DSL disconnected, but the network side will still work and act like normal.

Only way we knew that there was a problem, was the "You have a issue with your connection for tv", when we flipped on our living room tv, that is on our dvr.

DNSguy

join:2006-04-09
Saint Charles, MO
kudos:3

Re: Heads up on 6.9.1.42-plus.tm software update

Just curious - have you tried a reboot tonight to see if your 3800 comes back online?

CovMac
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Covington, LA
reply to old_tech

Still on 6.3.7.50-enh.tm here, but on a 3801 RG. So, I guess I'll be OK with the new firmware.
--
Mac

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL
reply to DNSguy

I tried multiple times. Got up this morning, and everything is working like it was before the update. So I am guessing not a RG issue, but was something else.

Now I get to play hooky today, to catch Fed-Ex and send back the 3801 they sent, since I do not need, but I get the pleasure of redoing my firewall pinholes, since I tried a Factory reset yesterday to see if that would fix the issue.

You know DNSguy, try everything you can in these cases, to rule out the possibility of bad equipment.

My son was upset that he could not play against friends on his PS3, plus ended up having to find a movie to watch in our small dvd library that we have, due to we do not go out and purchase a bunch of movies, and he would not let me run a coax for the OTA antenna to his room, for the local channels, and the three sub-channels we get.

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL

3 edits
reply to CovMac

6.9.1.42-plus.tm software update

The Interface changed with the update. Just cross your fingers on it. They added IPv6 to the update (unable to change that setting), also added under LAN > Statistics, Wireless Statistics, that gives you Connection statistics, Connection attempt tracking, Congestion on channels (Wireless needs to be on auto for that to work, not a static radio channel).

bdavenport

join:2004-09-20
Charlotte, NC

Could you post a few screenshots when you get a chance? For those of us that a bit impatient on waiting to see all those "goodies".

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL
reply to old_tech

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL
reply to old_tech

Had to take the day off to wait to tell Fedex that the 3801 needs to go back, since back online. She said that she had over 50 on the truck, and they never were told to hold the boxes. So yep, looks like the India CSR's jumped the gun on this one yesterday.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:5

Is this only being rolled out to 3800s or 3801s too? Any idea?

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL

Others would have to speak up on the other Pace RG's that it may be showing up to. As far as we know, just the 38xx series.

bdavenport

Charlotte, NC

»www.uvrealtime.com/stats.aspx

Shows only 3800HGV-B's.

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL

said by bdavenport:

»www.uvrealtime.com/stats.aspx

Shows only 3800HGV-B's.

You are going by info that Dan Wilson has collected from those users, that just got the update overnight as of 5/5/13. It takes time to deploy these updates, and you cannot go by a third party site, that has limited amount of people using the utility.

I stopped using it, because of some stuff that will not be discussed here, but lets just say that Dan Wilson burned his bridges with me, and the utility along with all other associated software that is loaded with it, have been removed from both Windows machines in my household.

bdavenport

Charlotte, NC

I can say my 3801 has not picked it up yet in the CLT market.

I acknowledge that the stats are only only good for at best a 1-2% share of whats out there (and yes that a number out of my posterior). What you bring up I am curious as to what bridges were referenced but that would be a PM conversation and not one that is to continue on the thread.

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL

Remember, when ATT does stuff like this, it moves at a snails pace, and after yesterday, they of course had a lot of work to do overnight, reloading profiles, to get those RG's back online that got knocked off the system, due to firmware update.

When you have hundreds in just your town alone that had problems, and this is coming just through talking to the Fedex driver, who is always good at her word, when we happen to bump into each other if I am home, it is not a good thing.

Just wish that the CSR in India would not have jumped the gun yesterday and automatically sent out new equipment, just for me to have to stay home to refuse shipment on, even though I was home to get everything back online after we came back up overnight, which I only found out, when I got up and flipped on the tv at 6:30 and did another reboot on our DVR, but had connected with my laptop and iPhone and started seeing emails flowing back in, that is how I knew it was going to be a very long day playing IT admin at home.

I did get to open the house since it was warm and nice out, so it was not half bad to bring back up the network and redo the two servers that I have stuff pointed to, with the new Public IP that I ended up getting, when the tech gods fixed the issue overnight.

Darknessfall
Premium
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to bdavenport

said by bdavenport:

I can say my 3801 has not picked it up yet in the CLT market.

I acknowledge that the stats are only only good for at best a 1-2% share of whats out there (and yes that a number out of my posterior). What you bring up I am curious as to what bridges were referenced but that would be a PM conversation and not one that is to continue on the thread.

No new firmware here on my 3801 either in CT. With the issues it caused with old_tech's area I doubt it'll be moving fast :P.

bdavenport

Charlotte, NC

AT&T and fast never belong in a sentence together except this one. I just wish they would just give up and let me control the IPv4 NAT, there are so many more nicer router out there that can handle such a higher load in connection tracking. From what I have been reading about how they are doing IPv6 on the NV... (crap what is it) modem/router I'll stick to my tunneled /64 network.

anon59

@att.net

The update affected Uverse TV as well. On Demand UI is different now

Darknessfall
Premium

said by anon59 :

Do you have the 3800 or 3801?

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL
reply to anon59

said by anon59 :

That was a totally different update from the firmware update to the RG's. The whole Netflix interface is a little slower, but better than having to page through pages of movies and guess what they are.

It is also supposed to move into the recordings page, that you get the same type of interface for recordings, as there is for OnDemand.

s2Legion

join:2013-05-12
Colchester, CT

I'm not sure whatever update they did, but they created a lot of trouble tickets. In the CT area alone I have been on so many repair tickets where its a 3800 RG, which is IN SYNC(broadband and service light solid), but the tv, phone, internet, are intermittent.

On the tech side, the tests we can run with our IPAD's like Real Time LPA shows the port is in sync and if they are taking errors or not. A lot of the RG's I have seen have had an UPTIME of more than 400+ days(which proves its not an outside line issue). When we run out final test, there is a strange CMS error message on the screen.

***If you haven't tried it already, you can hold the reset button in back for about 20 seconds. THIS WILL PUT YOUR RG BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS. (Default WIFI Network and Password, if you renamed your RG.)

All the other devices are fine, but we(as in techs) are swapping them for the 3801's.

The amount of 3800's coming back in on the shelves at the end of the day are at least 100.

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL

They screwed the pooch on something, during the update. I was looking at my wife's grandmother's 3800, which had the update on Monday last week, and did not see any issues, and never got a phone call from her on Monday, so I figured she was one of the lucky ones.

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

This wasn't an RG issue at all, the outage was triggered by a different element and was contained to the geographical springfield area.

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL

said by Dennis:

This wasn't an RG issue at all, the outage was triggered by a different element and was contained to the geographical springfield area.

Already know that, but it coincided with the firmware upgrade to the 3800 series RG's. Also Springfield is a part of the VHO out of Decatur, IL, so it is also curious how many others it affected outside just the capital city.

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

I get it's curious, I'm just saying they aren't related per say. The issue that occurred Monday night/Tuesday morn was isolated to the Champaign/Springfield/Decatur. I didn't notice in the thread where it was already known it wasn't a RG firmware issue otherwise I wouldn't have commented.
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

The Judd Family site!

old_tech
Premium
Springfield, IL

Tell me about it. The CSR's in India really made the situation worse, by just sending out 3801's to all those affected, without digging deeper into the situation.

Best problem is, that the closes UPS stores are in Peoria, IL or Champaign/Urbana areas. So that means that in order to send stuff back to ATT, you have to pay out of pocket, or pay gas to fill your tank, to go out of town, to ship stuff back. That is if you are lucky to not be able to get a USPS mailing label, which can take up to eight weeks for the warehouse to show they received the equipment through USPS Rapidship, which is rarely used by ATT.

Darknessfall
Premium

I got the On Demand upgrade today but still no new firmware with my RG.

Expand your moderator at work

llzel7

join:2007-02-12
Saint Louis, MO
reply to Darknessfall

Re: 6.9.1.42-plus.tm software update

I have a 3801