spc
Search similar:

uniqs

sneff1984
@comcast.net

sneff1984

Anon

[VOD] Fox Movie HD Content on demand

Fox Movie HD content is on demand. I just found it. It could be old news but just wanted to let everyone know. To me that means they have a contract for the HD channel just not adding it yet.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by sneff1984 :

Fox Movie HD content is on demand. I just found it. It could be old news but just wanted to let everyone know. To me that means they have a contract for the HD channel just not adding it yet.

Nice find sneff, although not surprising. I'd love to see this channel in HD as I never watch it due to SD quality. They usually have on good movies. I simply can't watch SD content anymore, lol. Spoiled, and when I watch a bluray it's like watching real HD as Comcast's HD is horrible. It's simply too compressed and pixelated.

5th
wdsnls
join:2003-06-19
Palm City, FL

wdsnls

Nice find sneff, although not surprising. I'd love to see this channel in HD as I never watch it due to SD quality. They usually have on good movies. I simply can't watch SD content anymore, lol. Spoiled, and when I watch a bluray it's like watching real HD as Comcast's HD is horrible. It's simply too compressed and pixelated.

I agree with you about not watching SD content but these VOD movies also have limited commercials, which you can't fast forward.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by wdsnls:

I agree with you about not watching SD content but these VOD movies also have limited commercials, which you can't fast forward.

Yeah but I think this is going to become the norm from now on. I think most new VOD offerings will be more and more fast forward blocked. I wouldn't hate it so much but they block the 5 min fast forward (via page up/down buttons) which saves you when VOD messes up, which is everyday. EG: The other day I was watching Hells Kitchen on FOX OD and 3/4 through I paused it for a sec to go to the bathroom, when I got back it was on the OD menu screen (as it always kicks back to that if you leave it for a min or two) and when I went to saved programs the counter was back to 0! That means I would have to sit through another 45 mins just to get back to the last 15 mins! No thank you, I stopped watching there and went on to something else. So they just lost me watching and pissed me off. ANYTHING in that commercial roll I will not buy simply because of that. That is the only way to teach them a lesson. Why block the 5 min ahead button? It's mainly to get to the point of the show where you were, not to skip ahead for 60 seconds of commercials? They are just sooooooo greedy! I almost never watch VOD because of it, as I would rather record the real shows on normal channels and skip commercials. That's why I want Fox Movie HD channel, not VOD. Fox Movie HD does a pretty good job of showing an entire movie without editing it too much.

5th

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

the same reason eventually they will insert commercials into dvr recordings somehow AND make it so you can't skip them.

mountlaurel
@army.mil

mountlaurel

Anon

So are we close (PA, NJ Freedom area) of receiving FOX MOVIE Channel soon?

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

the same reason eventually they will insert commercials into dvr recordings somehow AND make it so you can't skip them.

I'll buy my own DVR then, as someone will make one that won't do this, and or get a tuner card.The TV companies are never satisfied.

5th