spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HowTo

@107.30.118.x

How to TRUST to software firewall who cannot see the network

My firewall which I don't want to name it because,I am not bashing it (Cannot detect the network adapter and see the software application/proccess that streams the internet!) So,how is this firewall still protecting the machine?? I don't get it!? Any ideas?? All ports are stealthed! If I turn it off then they are opened/of course!

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

So your not sure how it is protecting you but... if you turn it off you are open to the world?
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

and streaming internet... fancy.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to HowTo

By any chance is the firewall Online Armor? and is the software application/process broadband2go.exe?

What did Emsisoft support say when you contacted them?

Trihexagonal

join:2004-08-29
US
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·AT&T Midwest
reply to HowTo

said by HowTo :

My firewall which I don't want to name it because,I am not bashing it (Cannot detect the network adapter and see the software application/proccess that streams the internet!) So,how is this firewall still protecting the machine?? I don't get it!? Any ideas?? All ports are stealthed! If I turn it off then they are opened/of course!

There are different types of firewall, A packet filter that does Stateful Packet Inspection does not operate on the principal of allowing or disallowing transmissions on the basis of whether or not an application has been granted rights to access the internet. It looks at the flags of the packet to ensure incoming transmissions are in response to an outgoing.

This sounds like the type of firewall you have, if I'm reading you correctly. If it wasn't working you would not be seeing your ports as stealthed when it's on.

HowTo

@107.30.118.x
reply to dib22

Yes BroadBand2go.exe..Working with OnLine armor/recording the activity and saving the logs then,will email them to Online Armor Team! However, I am not referring to an Online Armor firewall here! It is some other well known trusted firewall!