Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Gone Fishing

Premium Member

to Gone Fishing

Re: Firefox's native PDF Viewer Updated

Click for full size
Click for full size
Evince
Well, the Fx native PDF reader just now did what it used to do all the time. I'm disappointed. After all this time, it still produces unreadable documents. At least some of the time, currently, it will produce a readable one, whereas, in the past they were all unreadable. But they need to all be readable or it is not worth having a reader built into the browser as you waste time and then have to download the PDF to disk anyway and read in a standalone PDF reader (I use Evince).

SeaMonkey told me it wasn't readable (as though I could not see that for myself) and told me to use Evince.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

1 recommendation

DocDrew

Premium Member

Check here for font settings.
Click for full size
When page can choose, it looks better.
Click for full size
When forced to use mine, it sucks.
Do you allow pages to choose their own fonts? ...or do you force your own? It seems to make a big difference with the "built-in" PDF viewer.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

So, that is the problem? Wow, never would have guessed. No, I have never allowed pages to choose their own fonts. I use Verdana for everything (except Windows font which Microsoft won't let me change on Win 8 like I could on all previous versions of Windows).

Guess I won't ever be using Fx's PDF reader then and I might as well remove it from Sea Monkey.