uniqs

Abyss1992
Premium Member
join:2012-08-18
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992

Premium Member

[general] Proof that the meters are more a hindrance

Today i have proof that the meters make the total user experience very slow and very buggy.

This speed was taken 3 weeks ago when the meters where down around 3:00 PM, as you can see a nice 2.4MB/s share ratio was 1.2.

This was taken just a few minutes ago around 12:20 AM during the LNFZ.

This may not look like much but over the past year of this service I'v noticed that when the meters are off the network has less issues less DNS errors, less slowdowns, smoother surfing.

And having on specific time a day when people can download all they want makes a few people very agitated. As it is much faster during the day than at night. As during the day less people are on as most of them are at work, school, Etc so there is less traffic on the bird. During the 3 month period this year of frozen meters i'v come to the conclusion that when given unlimited bandwidth most people don't go hog wild with it instead they enjoy just watching a Youtube vid or HD movie when they want. They don't constantly do it
RandyH3
join:2013-02-03
Decorah, IA

RandyH3

Proof means nothing to Excede,Been there and its always Not there fault.
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov to Abyss1992

to Abyss1992
said by Abyss1992:

i'v come to the conclusion that when given unlimited bandwidth most people don't go hog wild with it instead they enjoy just watching a Youtube vid or HD movie when they want.

4K movies are on the horizon, weighing in at 100 to 200 Gigabytes.

Most all consumers are clueless about bytes used.

Those who surf with some downloads and youtube-type videos will stay within their 10 Gbyte data bucket.

No, they don't go "hog wild," but 4K video is just another movie, right?

Have you seen this video?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Q-n5IJvA

bak2sat
@termbilling.com

bak2sat

Anon

Unlimited access to a finite resource = tragedy of the commons anyone who passed a basic economics course should be able to understand why they restrict access. If you don't believe experience will degrade with bandwidth stress ask the people on maxed out legacy beams what their browsing experience is like at prime time.....

Stop begging for a free lunch the meter is a good thing. Yes its buggy and they are attempting to perfect it but something has to police the system. OK I'm off my soapbox.....