how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PhoneDude

join:2013-05-03
Houston, TX
reply to StuartMW

Re: CenturyLink Major Outage - Who lost service today??

I agree. Every day people make unreasonable demands such as wanting service when the order due date is several days out, an immediate dispatch on a trouble or hand holding to fix problems that are clearly out of the scope of Internet service.

I can't tell you how many times I got yelled at for not having an ETA on the outage resolution. People got furious when I refused to even make one up. It was a sad commentary society wise.

Then there were the ones who spouted about their rights & such as that. But that's a whole other subject.

es1

join:2005-04-28
Portland, OR
reply to StuartMW
Service was not disrupted - Portland, OR

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
reply to GetMoney
service was out for me in Alma Arkansas.

firedrakes

join:2009-01-29
Arcadia, FL
it was out from 4 am to 2 pm Tuesday . and then flickered a bit a hour after that. but fully working now

LV user

@cox.net
still no internet here in Las Vegas! recorded message now says expected fixed by 2PM tomorrow (5/9/13) !

dalastone

@embarqhsd.net
hope you get back on soon. near summerlin and service is back on.

chd176

join:2003-01-10
Winfield, AL
reply to GetMoney
FWIW I'm down again. I have no idea if it's still related to the outage yesterday but I also can not connect to PPPoE. I haven't bothered calling in so I'm unsure if it's a known outage. I'm currently tethering with my phone atm.
--
10,000/768 CenturyTel PPPoE DSL line (for real this time)

Sportsfan

join:2012-03-26
reply to Sportsfan
DSLR line test now showing "pass" and modem only crashing about once/day, so back to normal mediocre CL service here

LV user

@cox.net
still down here in Las Vegas (89128), automated message when calling CL says expected fix by 4 PM today. Going on 3 days now!!!