Search similar:

uniqs

Buck 59
@insightbb.com

Buck 59

Anon

Few questions about email transfer in Louisville

Just some quick questions:
1 - How long does the forwarding from the old email (insight) last? I read it somewhere but can't find it again.
2 - It says my browser will prompt me when I'm supposed to register (according to what they just mailed me). Does that mean when I try to log into insight webmail? (I use outlook so never use the web mail and want to keep up)
3 - Is there any way beforehand to check what names are available? I'm silly and if I have to change the one I've had for year because someone has it, I want to start thinking. I'm guessing it's gone.
4 - Been thinking more and more, maybe I'm old. I hate to think about changing all the places I'm registered. Do most people still use their service providers email address anymore, or just go with something like gmail or outlook live? I figured that might be better, since you won't have to worry about going through all this changing at another point.

Thanks for any answers!

YogiYahooeys
join:2004-08-17
Evansville, IN

YogiYahooeys

1 - According to previously announced information, Insight domain email addresses will continue to work until June 2014.

2 - When the transition occurs, when you attempt to open any webpage with your browser, it will be redirected automatically to the register page.

3 - Time Warner is using an all new domain name for the email addresses given to former insight customers, twc.com. So, unless someone in a former insight area that transitions before you takes your desired email address, you should be okay. No one else in the entire country is using this domain.

4 - I personally have a lot of things setup on my insight addresses, but yeah, I think a lot of people register using gmail, etc, anymore. I personally like being able to download and store my email locally, so the gmail concept was unappealing to me previously; however, with all of the things I'm going to need to change over in the next year, I'm starting to soften on that stance.

Buck 59
@insightbb.com

Buck 59

Anon

Very much appreciated. I haven't heard anything about a new domain, so new to me. But again, leads me to worry about, 'what if this one gets folded into another, goes away, yada yada'.

(Stay tuned for short, sad, old guy rant Although I'm not that old, I'm 39 darn it, not 40 yet!) I was playing a couple of MMO games, didn't log in for a couple months after launch, and got my names swiped. I got 'Cool name' 'plus 67458329'. So I'm a little leary about renames. Nothing like running around on a MMO with a neat, unique name, with a bunch of junk tacked on.)

On a side note, I like to store locally too. I use Outlook (app, not the live). Does gmail or outlook live work well with it. Just a thought. but appreciate any advice. Thandk again for the response

YogiYahooeys
join:2004-08-17
Evansville, IN

YogiYahooeys

said by Buck 59On a side note, I like to store locally too. I use Outlook (app, not the live). Does gmail or outlook live work well with it. Just a thought. but appreciate any advice. Thandk again for the response
[/BQUOTE :

Nope, that's the downside of gmail, hotmail/outlook live, yahoo, etc. It's all in the cloud. In fact, hotmail *started* as compatible with local storage, but it was disabled and forced to be online only.