spc
Search similar:

uniqs
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

Lucas, TX max speed of 50mb available??

I bought a lot of land in Lucas, TX to build on. The Verizon site is showing that the max speed is 50mb available. I thought all BPON areas were upgraded to support 75Mb with the Quantum releases last year?

I'm moving from Pittsburgh to Lucas early next year when the home is done. I'm sure hoping that upgrades will be put into place by then. Honestly 50Mb is more than enough, but I have the 75Mb package here in Pittsburgh and would like the same service.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

That part of Texas may only have Motorola BPON available at this time....
buckweet1980
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

I assume you mean BPON OLT as there are BPON Motorola ONTs in-use today that support 75Mb from my reading?? Quantum requires the Tellabs BPON OLT??

Thx for any info
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

That sucks, I'm just down the street in Murphy and I'm on GPON

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

said by McBane:

That sucks, I'm just down the street in Murphy and I'm on GPON

Same here. I'm in Denton with GPON and 75Mb.
buckweet1980
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

Yeah it is a bummer, but at least FIOS is available..

I'm sure it'll get upgraded sooner or later. It is a new subdivision of upper end homes, so I'm surprised they didn't enable it. The home will be done end of jan, so maybe I'll get lucky and they'll do some upgrade work in that area. I think it's right on the edge of FIOS and ATT land.

Also might just have to make a call during that time to see if higher speeds are possible.
buckweet1980

buckweet1980

Kinda weird, I was looking around services available to other homes in the area.. The subdivision next door has 75Mb available yet the one across the road has 150Mb service available. The division I'm in only has 50Mb available based on the website.

I would think they'd come out of the same CO for the area...

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip to buckweet1980

to buckweet1980
Still BPON in N. Plano and locked at a max of 50.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane to buckweet1980

to buckweet1980
I don't think it's so much the CO but the router that your neighborhood is built out for. I have a business account and kept pestering them over the phone to upgrade me to 150/35 before Quantum came out. I finally got a sales rep that decided to push the order through. It took them like 1.5 months of upgrades to get me converted to GPON. I dropped it back down to 75/35 though because their new 150/65 and 300/65 prices for business are a joke.