sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to jhutchington

Mod

to jhutchington

Re: Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area

I'd heard somebody say that they were from Chebucto NB. Guess what ... Chebucto is a Peninsula in NS between St Margarets bay and Halifax Harbour!

Clearly someone who doesn't know his geography of down east ... who's for betting this "company" is very close the centre of the universe! Sorry Toronto!

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

CCTS lists them as being at the URL that doesn't work:
»www.ccts-cprst.ca/compla ··· roviders

What I would do, if I had the time, is contact the CCTS to find out if there's been a URL change (let them call and fix their broken links they give to the public) for this company. And if so for the CCTS to fix it.

Otherwise the other website is a scam site in my eyes and is there solely to rip people off.

If no one can bother to drop the CCTS an Email or call to verify, I'll do it tomorrow. It also has me curious what the CCTS says.
LostTheGame
join:2012-11-24
Ottawa, ON

LostTheGame

They have been notified

Unhappy1
@eastlink.ca

Unhappy1 to hm

Anon

to hm
CCTS actually emailed me today to give me a status update on my complaint and I informed them of Cablegator's website change. So they do know at this point.
Unhappy1

Unhappy1 to LostTheGame

Anon

to LostTheGame
Just checked CCTS website and it shows their listing for Cablegator is now pointing Cablegator's new website link.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by Unhappy1 :

Just checked CCTS website and it shows their listing for Cablegator is now pointing Cablegator's new website link.

Wow that was fast. When I wrote the above it was still the dead one.

Get the feeling someone from the CCTS watches this forum... Or it's all coincidence.

Unhappy1
@eastlink.ca

Unhappy1

Anon

When I was speaking with a CCTS representative yesterday, I happened to be Googling Cablegator at the same time (which was when I stumbled on this message board) so I told her about the this message board then. So I wouldn't be surprised if they've visited these boards since then.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to hm

Premium Member

to hm
said by hm :

said by Unhappy1 :

Wow that was fast. When I wrote the above it was still the dead one.

Get the feeling someone from the CCTS watches this forum... Or it's all coincidence.

CRTC employees have viewed this forum.