share rss forum feed

inferno_gn
Premium
join:2007-02-26
Verdun, QC

1 recommendation

It's not free...

Hi there,

Seriously, I just got my pick-up notice for the free poster. The Canada Post guy had it in his hand, the free poster, right there, but I got only the pick-up notice because we have to pick it up, driving off with the poster in a Canada Post van.

I know I'm not the only thread, but this is a complete waste of time, money and so forth, not only for you, but for Canada Post for going out of their way to their give out a pick-up card, while holding a poster and now me now I have to go out of my way to go pick it up on a outlet that is a little distance from me.

If it was really expensive or something, then sure, but it's a poster, a free one, I got no logic there.

One big fail here. I demand 5$ for time and gas picking it up. *lol*

Not very cost efficient I say...

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2

You can walk and save on gas ... less pollution, environment friendly + you get in shape if you walk fast or run to the postal office ...

And the poster is still free ...

LOL

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn

Hi there,

It's quite a distance from my place. Well, it's already not environment friendly. Canada Post have to waste their time and gas to drop off a paper, rather then the thing itself.

This free poster isn't so free... We'll gonna pay for it, even it's indirectly...

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

Perma

join:2011-12-20

Don't like it, don't ask for one.

daeron

join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

said by Perma:

+1

swampboy

join:2012-01-24
Hamilton, ON
reply to inferno_gn

Someone at Teksavvy screwed up and checked off "Card for Pickup". Hopefully they won't do it again.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

Actually, legally, I think we have to do that. Otherwise we could be accused of not delivering on our promise if somebody else happened to pick it up.

so, we do need positive ID that the person who requested it, actually got it.

there are pretty strict rules around contests and giveaways. I can double check more but simple things aren't so simple
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Perma

join:2011-12-20

I appreciated the poster, Marc. I didn't mind picking it up at all.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to swampboy

said by swampboy:

Someone at Teksavvy screwed up and checked off "Card for Pickup". Hopefully they won't do it again.

This is has been discussed in other threads and actually isn't what happened.

zong
Premium
join:2005-07-21
Scarborough, ON
reply to Perma

Ditto.

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada
reply to TypeS

said by TypeS:

said by swampboy:

What do you mean? Teksavvy forces all parcels to be picked up at the post office. Everything is sent with the Card for Pickup option. It's not a screwup though. That's the only shipping method they offer.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Perma

said by Perma:

Same here!! I feel like a little kid sometimes, but its fun to get mail, mail that's not bills that is!

It wasn't free for TSI to make and ship out so I appreciate the gesture .

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Webslingerac

said by Webslingerac:

said by TypeS:

said by swampboy:

What do you mean? Teksavvy forces all parcels to be picked up at the post office. Everything is sent with the Card for Pickup option. It's not a screwup though. That's the only shipping method they offer.

For modems, but Marc said with the posters it was supposed to be delivered to your door.

But Canada Post has its own rules whether it actually does that it seems. For me since I have a community mailbox at the curb, got left a slip. :\

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

said by TypeS:

For modems, but Marc said with the posters it was supposed to be delivered to your door.

No, they weren't. They were all shipped as "Card for Pickup", including mine. As there's nothing to deliver, everyone is supposed to get a card.

Teksavvy has no other shipping option currently.

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn

Hi there,

I'm not home, then sure, put up a pick up card. But, when I'm home and the postal person is holding the item right there, why the heck do I need a pick up card?

You know, XpressPost got tracking and insurance, it should be enough.

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

Amou

join:2011-01-29
Guelph, ON

I prefer the whole card pickup vs leaving it at front door and marking that we already got with a chance of losing it. Though an actually ring at the door wouldn't hurt before hand. They are probably on route with it anyways.

TSI User

@speakeasy.net
reply to inferno_gn

Considering the poster is free I can't complain about the method they choose to ship it.

Though whenever you buy a modem from them AND PAY FOR the shipping, they still do the same thing and send it to the post office instead of even attempting to deliver it.

I am cancelling services very soon with TSI, and I'll be sure to ship my antiquated modem I purchased from TSI back to them out of my own pocket. I'll make sure to choose the option "card for pickup".

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to TSI Marc

In the Us you guys Could if easily left it on someones door step All you need is a disclaimer that the person getting the poster is responsible for it after it is delivered! »voices.yahoo.com/the-laws-contes···688.html

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
reply to TSI User

I have a question... how does one become a customer of speakeasy?

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI User

said by TSI User :

Considering the poster is free I can't complain about the method they choose to ship it.

Though whenever you buy a modem from them AND PAY FOR the shipping, they still do the same thing and send it to the post office instead of even attempting to deliver it.

I am cancelling services very soon with TSI, and I'll be sure to ship my antiquated modem I purchased from TSI back to them out of my own pocket. I'll make sure to choose the option "card for pickup".

So basically, you're so vindictive that you will send a modem to TSI that you purchased and own, thereby wasting $10-ish just for spite?

If you want to waste $10, send me a voucher for a restaurant, preferably Pizza Hut.

kabes

join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to inferno_gn

I guess its hard to understand why the stuff from teksavvy has to be "Card for pickup" when i can order a $1000 item from a retailer and they don't need to do that, they'll happily deliver it to my door.

Card for pickup = they won't deliver it to you even if you have a red carpet laid out for them and you're waiting at the door with a welcoming party.

I have enough problems with canada post drivers being lazy, "Card for pickup" just gives them license to be lazy.

Normally not a huge deal...except when you like get home from a long day, only to realize you gotta go out again to pick it up even though someone was at home to accept delivery anyway. Its like... i pay to have it delivered to my house, not just the nearest post office.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to inferno_gn

said by inferno_gn:

Hi there,

I'm not home, then sure, put up a pick up card. But, when I'm home and the postal person is holding the item right there, why the heck do I need a pick up card?

You know, XpressPost got tracking and insurance, it should be enough.

Ju Leon...

This sounds like a Canada Post issue to me.

I would have to agree that even here in the US, if the mailman came to my door with card AND item in hand but would not even give me the option to sign the card so he could leave the item, I would be ticked also.

But I would be ticked at the postal service not the sender of the package.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to Cloneman

The user would be in the US and Speakeasy is no longer in business. They and Covad were swallowed by MegaPath and the company has totally changed and is now business focused and focused on taking every penny from you in the mean time. They are NOT customer friendly and are worse than any Bell.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

there are pretty strict rules around contests and giveaways. I can double check more but simple things aren't so simple

Is this kind of promotion actually considered a giveaway? It is definitely not a 'contest' as you give it upon request, there's no challenge question or drawing.

If it is considered a giveaway, I'm a little confused still why it would need delivery confirmation. There is no assigned value of the poster to the recipient and no tax liabilities.

Not saying you aren't wrong but I've gotten many promotional freebies and almost none had this type of delivery requirement. Perhaps it depends on the province? e.g. Quebec's contest regulations.

Either way would be interested in knowing.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to ropeguru

said by ropeguru:

No it's not necessarily. The sender usually specifies the deliver options, one of which is "Card for pickup" where the item gets sent directly to the local post office and the receiver only gets a card no matter what. And we can see that on online tracking and I believe some of the cards that stamp it.

There is a possibility that the agreement that TekSavvy and Canada Post have is that all items are send as carded only and Marc said that was a possibility but that he would look into it.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to Perma

said by Perma:

I would wholeheartedly agree except I don't remember reading it anywhere on the promotion site. Unless I missed it which I take full responsibility for.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

There is a possibility that the agreement that TekSavvy and Canada Post have is that all items are send as carded only and Marc said that was a possibility but that he would look into it.

I believe that's what it is. I remember a couple years ago when I got a modem delivered to work... I was on a break sitting outside on the bench and saw the CP truck (not even the postman) just stuck the notice in the box without ringing the bell. I asked him can i have the package, he said he doesnt have it, its already at the post office at the shoppers drug mart up the street. I went 15 minutes later and picked it up...

It should be signature required, 1 attempt at delivery, if unsuccessful then leave the card for pickup...
--

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

said by ropeguru:

No it's not necessarily. The sender usually specifies the deliver options, one of which is "Card for pickup" where the item gets sent directly to the local post office and the receiver only gets a card no matter what. And we can see that on online tracking and I believe some of the cards that stamp it.

Completely understand what you are saying... Just seems kind of strange that if it is "Card only" that the postal worker would have had the item even with him. Much less, as the OP stated, in his hand when he delivered the card.

zong
Premium
join:2005-07-21
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·mycybernet.net
·Switchworks
reply to inferno_gn

You know, I'm just going to put this out there: If everyone's knickers are in a knot over something that cost them absolutely zero cents to actually have sent to them and cost zero cents "to order", then if it was or is such an inconvenience to haul your arse to the post office to pickup the item due to it costing you time and money then you could have just left it at the post office and it would have been sent back to Teksavvy.

There. Problem solved. Wouldn't have cost you a penny.

Expand your moderator at work