inferno_gn
Premium Member
join:2007-02-26
Verdun, QC

inferno_gn

Premium Member

Re: It's not free...

Hi there,

I'm not home, then sure, put up a pick up card. But, when I'm home and the postal person is holding the item right there, why the heck do I need a pick up card?

You know, XpressPost got tracking and insurance, it should be enough.

Ju Leon...
Amou
join:2011-01-29
Guelph, ON

Amou

I prefer the whole card pickup vs leaving it at front door and marking that we already got with a chance of losing it. Though an actually ring at the door wouldn't hurt before hand. They are probably on route with it anyways.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to inferno_gn

Premium Member

to inferno_gn
said by inferno_gn:

Hi there,

I'm not home, then sure, put up a pick up card. But, when I'm home and the postal person is holding the item right there, why the heck do I need a pick up card?

You know, XpressPost got tracking and insurance, it should be enough.

Ju Leon...

This sounds like a Canada Post issue to me.

I would have to agree that even here in the US, if the mailman came to my door with card AND item in hand but would not even give me the option to sign the card so he could leave the item, I would be ticked also.

But I would be ticked at the postal service not the sender of the package.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by ropeguru:

No it's not necessarily. The sender usually specifies the deliver options, one of which is "Card for pickup" where the item gets sent directly to the local post office and the receiver only gets a card no matter what. And we can see that on online tracking and I believe some of the cards that stamp it.

There is a possibility that the agreement that TekSavvy and Canada Post have is that all items are send as carded only and Marc said that was a possibility but that he would look into it.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by BACONATOR26:

There is a possibility that the agreement that TekSavvy and Canada Post have is that all items are send as carded only and Marc said that was a possibility but that he would look into it.

I believe that's what it is. I remember a couple years ago when I got a modem delivered to work... I was on a break sitting outside on the bench and saw the CP truck (not even the postman) just stuck the notice in the box without ringing the bell. I asked him can i have the package, he said he doesnt have it, its already at the post office at the shoppers drug mart up the street. I went 15 minutes later and picked it up...

It should be signature required, 1 attempt at delivery, if unsuccessful then leave the card for pickup...

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

said by ropeguru:

No it's not necessarily. The sender usually specifies the deliver options, one of which is "Card for pickup" where the item gets sent directly to the local post office and the receiver only gets a card no matter what. And we can see that on online tracking and I believe some of the cards that stamp it.

Completely understand what you are saying... Just seems kind of strange that if it is "Card only" that the postal worker would have had the item even with him. Much less, as the OP stated, in his hand when he delivered the card.
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger

Premium Member

Again, everything Teksavvy ships as a parcel is marked "Card for Pickup". That's not the fault of Canada Post.

Lots of giveaway stuff is shipped directly to my door by Canada Post. I've won contests from NCIX. Stuff was sent directly to my door. There's absolutely no need to card for pickup. There is such a thing as a signature option.

Regardless, free is free. I don't think it's fair to complain about a free promo. You didn't pay for it. If Teksavvy wants to save money on a promo, then that's their right.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

Ya, webslinger, you said that about 25 times now.

It still doesn't change the fact that no-one likes that delivery arrangement.
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

2 edits

Webslinger

Premium Member

I never said I liked it. Far from it.
Very inconvenient.

But it's a free poster.