Re: Acanac - Head Office Mississauga

Fergless,
if you still read this thread
AFE-19241 and UNF-83088
bridge
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

bridge

You can go to »community.acanac.com/aca ··· ndex.php to give him a private message, if you don't want to register on the forum or if you don't get a answer, i'll be glad to send him a message for you if you want to.
bridge

bridge to Alex275

to Alex275
Well looks like they don't want me to put the link to the community forum so if you don't get an answer until tomorrow i will be glad to send him a private message there for you.
Alex275
join:2013-05-08
Toronto, ON

Alex275 to bridge

to bridge
Thank you!
But let's do not waste our time and energy on them.
I am so angry with them, but it is a way how they run their business.
I really like what they have in their User Agreement:
»acanac.com/User-Agreement.html

"Suspension of Service. The Company reserves the right to suspend the Service, in whole or in part, including any features, at any time in the Company's sole and absolute discretion. If the Company determines that the suspension of the Service is without fault of the Customer, then the Customer may request a credit of the monthly charges for each day the Service was not in effect

Furthermore: Acanac Inc. retains the right to change any or all of the above Policies, Guidelines, and Disclaimers without notification. Acanac Inc. reserves the right to terminate or discontinue the Service at any time, for any reason or for no reason, in the Company's sole and absolute discretion. If the Company discontinues or terminates the Service without fault of the Customer, the Customer will only be responsible for usage charges accrued while the Service was in effect and the Customer will be entitled to a credit for the unused portion of the final month's charges."

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless to Alex275

Premium Member

to Alex275
said by Alex275:

Fergless,
if you still read this thread
AFE-19241 and UNF-83088

I'm surprised you would hijack another persons thread, however I'll look at the tickets and try to determine what the problem is.
Fergless

1 edit

Fergless to Alex275

Premium Member

to Alex275
Regarding AFE-19241 entered today about Cable.
I can find the ticket but can't see the contents of it for some unknown reason.

PS: There's an Alex275 on the Acanac Community Forum.
Could that possibly be you? Maybe, perhaps?
Alex275
Toronto, ON

Alex275

Hi Fergless,
Yes, I am Alex275 everywhere
AFE-19241 is my feedback ticket with the subject "Cable Internet"
I can PM you the URL to get an access to the thread, if you want.

That ticket explains the whole sad story communicating with Acanac
I do not have any tickets for my requests for the Cable Internet.
Seems so illogical do not create tickets to such requests. I cannot even refer to it.

One of my requests for Cable Internet was canceled by your customer service because you do not support anymore Motorola SB5101N, which YOU sold me a year or two ago. That request was in process for 8 (Eight!) days, and until I called a few times nobody cared to answer anything.

And another ticket was created today. I am not sure, how long is it going to take to process. In theory, at least 1-2 days "to process", 7-10 days to install.

I am a full-time student, doing my summer thesis research, and I desperately need the Internet. Now I just use my windmobile mobile Internet, which is quite expensive and slow. It is very, very disappointing.

With a very poor customer service (AFE-19241) and troubleshooting (UNF-83088), in your advantage I can say that you still have a fair price, compare to others, and unlimited Internet usage.

Alex.

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

Hi Alex

No I can't access feedback tickets, they are read by the owners and managers as far as I know.
The URL will just point to the ticket anyway not the contents.
Of course you can see it though.

Just to clarify, that modem was deemed as not supported by the carriers being a Docsis2 Modem and they want Docsis3 Modems on their network. Not Acanac's doing I can assure you.

I'm surprised you didn't PM me on the Acanac Forum.

Tks
Alex275
Toronto, ON

Alex275

How come the modem worked a week ago through Rogers network with Acanac provider?

I am sending PM on the Acanac Forum with a link to the ticket. The link has all info to open it for you.

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

Cable Modem

Tks for the link and PM, I explained briefly to the PM and your post on the forum.

I'll have a closer look into it tomorrow. (today now)

Nothing I can do about the feedback one, just the cable modem issue.
Fergless

Fergless to Alex275

Premium Member

to Alex275

Cable Modem?

When you first signed up for cable on the 10Mbps plan that modem was adequate and OK'd by the carrier for that speed.

Since you upgraded to 18Mbps just recently the carrier replied "unsupported modem"

The carriers require a Docsis 3 Modem now. Same with all ISPS, Docsis2 modems are a thing of the past.
Alex275
Toronto, ON

Alex275

Surprisingly, the modem worked on 28Mb for about half a year.
But never mind, I got your point.
It is a carrier requirement, and therefore it is yours as well, and I have to follow it.