spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wartrace

join:2009-03-07
Wartrace, TN

Sprint 4G/3G equipment check- recommendations?

I found a place that sells the tri-mode U770 USB modem. I am likely going to sign up for the Millenicom BYOD plan.

My current equipment:
1) MBR90 cradlepoint router. I checked compatible modems and this U770 modem is not listed. Is there a chance it might work?

2) Cyfre model 819 amp. It says that it works on the 1900mhz band and Sprint is operating on that band (I think) so would this work or not?

3) I have a Yagi bought from MaxSignal a while back and I "think" it covers the 1900mhz band as well.

Will any of this stuff work? If not what is recommended for someone in a Sprint "fair" 4g LTE area? I have NO IDEA where the towers are exactly. Is there a good amp out yet for 4G Sprint service? Any good antennas- possibly omni directional?

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
your MBR90 won't work ... need a MBR95, the other gear should work
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

tazoman

join:2013-05-09
Hope, IN
reply to Wartrace
Where did you find the U770?

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1
reply to Wartrace
The Cyfre amplifier and Yagi work on Sprint's 1900 LTE offering

Wartrace

join:2009-03-07
Wartrace, TN
reply to tazoman
I decided to go with a different third party provider.
WirelessNWiFi.com
I got tired of looking for a U770 to use with M-coms BYOD plan and in another thread someone mentioned this company. I have to pay a refundable 130 dollar deposit (I get it back after two years) and the unlimited 4GLTE service is 79.99 a month. The thing that I like is they claim it is "Unlimited 4G" and no issues with an investigation if you use over 50GB a month as M-com states.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
the limit with wirelessnwifi.com (unlimited4g) is 100GB.......
over that raises red flags with Sprint. (got this direct from them)...... I definately would not push it.

that's a generous amount of data over a mobile network though...

Its amazing how different MVNO's have different limits with Sprint.

said by Wartrace:

I decided to go with a different third party provider.
WirelessNWiFi.com
I got tired of looking for a U770 to use with M-coms BYOD plan and in another thread someone mentioned this company. I have to pay a refundable 130 dollar deposit (I get it back after two years) and the unlimited 4GLTE service is 79.99 a month. The thing that I like is they claim it is "Unlimited 4G" and no issues with an investigation if you use over 50GB a month as M-com states.