Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed

London - Hamilton/Adelaide Area

Anyone having issues with their Internet connection?

Called Rogers and they said no one else has complained (Riiiight). Anyway, had crystal clear connection (No packet loss and no lag) for a year and a half and today I came home to find the Online light on my Cisco modem flashing.

I power cycled it and it took forever but it finally went solid, however the DS light was orange not green. My connection is horrible. The tech (Read: Script Reader) on the phone said my connection is weak. He setup an appointment for a tech to come out tomorrow. Nothing has changed.
--
Weeeeeee

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by nekkidtruth:

Anyone having issues with their Internet connection?

Called Rogers and they said no one else has complained (Riiiight). Anyway, had crystal clear connection (No packet loss and no lag) for a year and a half and today I came home to find the Online light on my Cisco modem flashing.

I power cycled it and it took forever but it finally went solid, however the DS light was orange not green. My connection is horrible. The tech (Read: Script Reader) on the phone said my connection is weak. He setup an appointment for a tech to come out tomorrow. Nothing has changed.

Perhaps give Rogers a chance with the technician being sent out before saying "nothing has changed". If your modem is not syncing properly (ie. the downstream LED flashing), something is wrong somewhere (the modem, internal wiring, the cable drop to your home, or at the CMTS headend). Them sending out a technician and not blaming your equipment is a pretty good sign they're already on the right track.

Sometimes problems are local, widespread or just individual. It could very well be true no one in your immediate area is having an issue.

For what it's worth I'm on Dundas near Argyle Mall, nothing wrong here on Rogers cable.

crapsauce

@bell.ca

London / Pond Mills area, seems to be an issue.

James Do

@bell.ca
reply to nekkidtruth

Online light flashing as well at wharnclife.

Seems like an isolated issue.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to TypeS

said by TypeS:

Perhaps give Rogers a chance with the technician being sent out before saying "nothing has changed". If your modem is not syncing properly (ie. the downstream LED flashing), something is wrong somewhere (the modem, internal wiring, the cable drop to your home, or at the CMTS headend). Them sending out a technician and not blaming your equipment is a pretty good sign they're already on the right track.

Sometimes problems are local, widespread or just individual. It could very well be true no one in your immediate area is having an issue.

For what it's worth I'm on Dundas near Argyle Mall, nothing wrong here on Rogers cable.

I completely forgot about this post. Anyway, the problem ended up being the splitter in the box outside where the cable line comes in. It shat the bed so I was getting no signal inside the house. The tech threw on a new one and everything was fine. As for "Nothing has changed", I suspect you misinterpreted what I meant by that. It wasn't a "nothing has changed, Rogers still sucks". I was referring to my personal equipment and the way I have things set up inside my house.

Anyway, it was all fixed. The tech was quick and a nice guy to boot.
--
Weeeeeee