how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rmsnwbrdr8

join:2001-08-28
Sammamish, WA

[DSL] Frontier DSL down in Sammamish, WA

I have Frontier DSL at my house in Sammamish, WA.

Internet outage started yesterday (5/7/2013) at around 9am. Frontier acknowledged the outage at 9:30 am the next morning with an expected ETR of sometime Friday (5/10/2013).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Details:

I wasn't able to call until 9pm that night. The tech I spoke to on the phone had no idea how to handle my problem. I told her repeatedly that all my systems (2 desktops, a tablet, and an Xbox) all lost connectivity at the same time. She still wasted 1+ hour of my time having me release/renew my DHCP address, flush my DNS cache, restart my desktop, restart my modem, etc. I even told her that the outage corresponded to when a local company started doing tree trimming around the utility lines through my neighborhood. After 2 hours (around 11pm) she informed me that I probably had a bad modem and gave me an "escalation number" to call after 8am the next morning to get the replacement process started.

The next morning I called the "escalation number" at 8:30 and spoke to a very knowledgeable tech. He walked me through a couple of troubleshooting steps in the Westel DSL modem management interface and then informed me that a service outage notice had just been posted for my neighborhood with an ETR of sometime Friday. He asked me to call after service was restored to ask for a credit on my bill for the outage period, which I will be doing later this week.

This is the only service interruption on Frontier that I have seen in a long time. Now I can't work from home.

cool88

@frontiernet.net

can you post the line stats

rmsnwbrdr8

join:2001-08-28
Sammamish, WA
reply to rmsnwbrdr8

Came back online at 7:45 am this morning (5/9, PDT).

Speedtest.net says 6.73/0.98 Mbps. This is pretty normal considering I am 18K feet from the CO.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by rmsnwbrdr8:

Came back online at 7:45 am this morning (5/9, PDT).

Speedtest.net says 6.73/0.98 Mbps. This is pretty normal considering I am 18K feet from the CO.

Are you sure there is not a remote between you and the CO?