Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to kilrathi

Premium Member

to kilrathi

Re: [TWC] I managed to get a Cisco 3010 D3 modem provisioned

said by kilrathi:

Your signal is a bit hot, may not be healthy for that modem in the long run.

You have knowledge of his plant?

Hob

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

said by hobgoblin:

said by kilrathi:

Hob

You are asking him if he knows the plant? You know exactly the answer. Does that makes you smarter? No, instead of criticizing kilrathi of his comments, why don't you just help your subscriber?
Go ahead tell us about the plants, maybe we'll have an idea of how TWC operates.

Elyria
join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH

Elyria

said by bluepoint:

said by hobgoblin:

said by kilrathi:

Hob

You are asking him if he knows the plant? You know exactly the answer. Does that makes you smarter? No, instead of criticizing kilrathi of his comments, why don't you just help your subscriber?
Go ahead tell us about the plants, maybe we'll have an idea of how TWC operates.

He answered the question quite clearly:
"While of course there are standards this can vary from plant to plant. 8 db is well within these standards, the optimum signal is dependent on the local area."

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint
"why don't you just help your subscriber?"

I didn't see him asking for any help and as he used to be employed by TWC he probably is fine.

Hob

bluepoint

bluepoint

said by hobgoblin:

"why don't you just help your subscriber?"

I didn't see him asking for any help and as he used to be employed by TWC he probably is fine.

Hob

So what's the point of sarcastically asking that smarty question then?

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

said by hobgoblin:

said by kilrathi:

Hob

I agree with Hob, and know his point was far from what you are trying to make it sound like.

bluepoint

1 edit

bluepoint

Well, I don't agree. There is a big difference in smarty comments versus an objective posts. It's healthy to see exchanging ideas in a constructive way. If one does not agree with the other posts, then say so and explain, a good example is your post above. Since you seems to be knowledgeable of the subject, your kind of post is welcome and good to see. We all learn from a good posts.