All static, all day, Forever
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
Reviews:
·Mediacom
·Callcentric
·Dish Network

Surpass problems. Looking for alternatives

I've been with Surpass Hosting for years. Overall, I've been happy with them, but lately one of my servers is ALWAYS down. After requesting a server move they refused, saying they do not do that.

I have a reseller account and can no longer sell this service to my customers in good faith.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good reseller hosting service?

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida
kudos:1

I left Surpass and I'm now with Hostgator. More money but much better service and quality.

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24

I was with Hostgator before going to Surpass. Hostgator was horrible.

William
Premium
join:2010-04-18
Washougal, WA
reply to UHF

What about »www.canvasdreams.com/hosting/res···ting.php

Sentinel
Premium
Florida
reply to UHF

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I have 3 separate accounts with Hostgator (2 personal and 1 for a client) and I have never had the slightest problem with them.

Defiance82
Computer Elite
Premium
join:2002-09-11
Burlington, WI
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Comcast
reply to UHF

Hostgator may offer unlimited services but it's all a gimmick. Use to many resources and find yourself suspended. I was suspended because my forum of 100 users caused to much of a load. They are are a load of junk.
--
Affordable Web-Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Ventrilo, & Teamspeak services since 1999 @ »www.deadlyservers.com

Sentinel
Premium
Florida

Oh, OK. Well I never believe anyone that says "unlimited" There is no such thing. They should never say that. I don't know why any company would say that, other than other companies say it so you kind of have to say it to "appear" competitive in advertising.

The real difference is where each one of these "unlimited" companies cuts you off, which is hard to know since none of them advertise that number.

I have some small sites and so far they have been very good to me.

hawk82

join:2001-04-26
centralmaine
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to UHF

My recommendation would be to skip reseller hosting and go with a VPS (preferably 2, so you have 1 for storing backups and running slave cPanel DNS server) and either get server management or do it yourself. You'll find its a lot more customizable and give you more troubleshooting access (like looking up e-mail bouncing issues for customers). I currently have a couple of VPS hosts with HudsonValleyHost. The owner answered like a dozen pre-sales questions I had. Reasonable pricing and so far no issues. Been only 2 or 3 months however.

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to UHF

Are you, by chance, on sh93? I've had a lot of hiccups lately. I'm on a legacy account. Every time I get mad and think I'm going to leave, but then I see the cost of going elsewhere and I kind of just drop it.

Post back if you find anything good out there. I've looked at all the "big name" hosts, but can't say I'm all that impressed.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.