Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by telcodad:

Comcast now says that "Watchathon Week" is going to become an annual event:

Comcast VOD 'Watchathon Week' to Return in 2014
McLean Suniewick Says MSO’s Cross-Platform Promo to Become an Annual Event

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - May 9, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· 4/143196

I think it's a good idea to get them to find and use VOD but the navigation is still such a mess that even if they find there way there they will not be able to find their shows. Most people never use OnDemand because of the navigational issues and the commecericls (which can sometimes run 3-10mins per commercial cycle). Also the commercials and blocking fast forward are two reasons I don't use VOD unless I didn't record a show by accident or missed a show. They block you from using the page up/down button to skip ahead 5 mins to forward through shows. The other day I missed Hells Kitchen and I started it on VOD but 3/4 through I had to use the bathroom. I paused it but when I got back it was back on the VOD title screen and in saved programs the show was there but the counter was reset to 0, which meant I would have to sit through 3/4 of the show again to see the last 15mins! I simply stooped watching and I was so pissed I vowed not to buy or watch anything in the commercials I saw. If we all did this Comcast would be forced to change their policy. That's just one example but I can give a million. Comcast VOD is a joke, it's slow, unresponsive selection is hit & miss and a by whole it's a navigational mess!

5th

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to telcodad

to telcodad
Still waiting for my gosh darn TiVo On Demand service for the Cisco areas. I chewed out the executives about how they blew off all their customers and postponed required service updates for their marketing department Watchathon event. How do they expect customers to be able to WATCH the On Demand content on their set top boxes if the update that stabilizes those very same set top boxes are postponed until after the event? If anything they should have used the event to light a fire under the engineering department's butts to speed up deployment until it's completed and make the deadline.

Spiderman865
join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

Spiderman865

Does anyone else think that Comcast could really care less about offering On Demand for Tivo users? Think about, Tivo users do not pay the same as a Comcast DVR user (DVR rental fee), which = less $$ for Comcast. So why should they invest their resources on a less revenue producing offering?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Spiderman865:

Tivo users do not pay the same as a Comcast DVR user (DVR rental fee), which = less $$ for Comcast. So why should they invest their resources on a less revenue producing offering?

Actually, encouraging TiVo users to use VoD would be a way to possibly extract more revenue from them, because of all the pay-to-view, premium content available there.

Spiderman865
join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

Spiderman865

said by telcodad:

said by Spiderman865:

Tivo users do not pay the same as a Comcast DVR user (DVR rental fee), which = less $$ for Comcast. So why should they invest their resources on a less revenue producing offering?

Actually, encouraging TiVo users to use VoD would be a way to possibly extract more revenue from them, because of all the pay-to-view, premium content available there.

I never thought of it that way since I only use On Demand to watch the premium stuff that's included in my package.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Spiderman865:

said by telcodad:

said by Spiderman865:

I never thought of it that way since I only use On Demand to watch the premium stuff that's included in my package.

I know, I normally only watch the no-extra-charge items on VoD myself.

The only On Demand program that I have paid extra for recently was a Rolling Stones concert (my wife's favorite band).

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by telcodad:

The only On Demand program that I have paid extra for recently was a Rolling Stones concert (my wife's favorite band).

I agree, I have Vudu on my Sammy Plasma and it does 1080p, which looks good (not quite as good as Bluray but close). Why should I pay $5.99 for compressed as hell 1080i (if I'm lucky) when I can pay the same and get 1080p? Also Vudu offers different prices for 1080P, 720P and 480P which is great! Plus the GUI is so easy to use and it provides me with Rotten Tomatoes, Community and other reviews not to mention instant director, actor info and access to all those others movies. It's everything Comcast OnDemand should be and is currently a million miles (aka a decade away for Comcast) away from the current OnDemand on the iGuide (anyway). Plus I have Netflix and other video services. Comcast loses out as I don't feel like spending an hour doing research on my computer to find a movie. I watch some of the free stuff only on my friends and families TV's as they most don't have DVR's. The sad part is not one person I know, knows how to use OnDemand, lol, and most don't even know it's there! Just my two pennies, peace....

5th

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to Spiderman865

to Spiderman865
said by Spiderman865:

said by telcodad:

Shhh Don't let Comcast hear this or they'll pull the plug on the app

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

[VOD] Comcast's "Summer of Kids" VoD Promotion

Comcast’s ‘Summer of Kids’ Spotlights VOD, Video Downloads
Kids-Centric Promo Comes on Heels of MSO’s ‘Watchathon Week’ in March

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - July 1, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· s/144211
quote:
Comcast has launched a “Summer of Kids” promotion that showcases an array of kids-themed titles that can be watched on-demand or downloaded to tablets and smartphones using the MSO’s Xfinity TV Player app.
:
Targeted to families as they gear up for summer vacations, the new Summer of Kids on-the-go tilt will feature content from networks, studios and brands such as NBC Universal, Angry Birds, HBO, Showtime, Nickelodeon, Disney, Sprout, Cartoon Network, Starz, The Hub, and Streampix, Comcast’s own premium, multi-screen streaming service.

Comcast estimates that more than 1,000 children’s titles are available for downloading for watching in the car, on the plane or other on-the-go locations where Internet access might be limited or unavailable. Other content partners include Baby Boost, BabyFirst, Warner Brothers, Cookie Jar, Buena Vista, Cbeebies, Encore, Golden Films, HBO, Kabillion, Lionsgate, Paramount, PBS Kids Go, and The HUB.

Also: »corporate.comcast.com/ne ··· latforms
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

Re: [VOD] Comcast's "Fall TV Fest" VOD Promotion

Comcast's latest VOD promotion starts today:

Comcast Kicks Off ‘Xfinity Fall TV Fest’
VOD Promo Gives Subs Sneak Peeks Of New Series, Ability to Catch-Up During The Fall TV Season

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - September 10, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· ;/145395
quote:
Following up on the “Xfinity Watchathon Week” in March that helped Comcast set some new video-on-demand records, the operator on Tuesday kicked off a new promo called "Xfinity Fall TV Fest" that will give customers the chance to get a sneak peek at some new shows before they air and the option to catch up on other series during the new season.
Also see: »xfinitytv.comcast.net/mi ··· /fall-tv