uniqs
share rss forum feed

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4

[DSL] Telus 50mbps

The 50mbps plan is now listed on the Telus website. When will TSI be able to take orders for this?
Also Telus has a Actiontech V2000H bonding modem? Will TSI use this modem? I contacted Symtex and he said loop bonding is required for my line.

slidebite

join:2012-12-07
Lethbridge, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
Last I saw from Marc they finally had the tariffs from Telus figured out, but weren't 100% sure when they were going to officially launch. I think he said they were looking at $99/month which is a little rich for the jump from 25/2 for me.

I am sure he'll correct if I'm out to lunch.

chrisl83

join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON
I'm interested in this as I'm moving out west in late July. I'm aiming for 250/15 shaw... but having 45/4 these last few months I've realized 250 is probably overkill.. I don't need to download the internet in one night.

Unlimited would mean that I can finally watch HQ streams though without checking usages.

Then again, shaw comes with 1tb of usage a month. That's a lot of HQ video streaming as well.

jtl999

In the GVRD
Shaw has node problems so the most you should be expected to see is 60mbps day and 190mbps at 2am

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
reply to jtl999
Yup, it looks like I'm eligible for 50/2.5 from Telus now. Thankfully I know better than to fall for that again.
--
db

spectrum

join:2011-01-14
said by clarknova:

Yup, it looks like I'm eligible for 50/2.5 from Telus now. Thankfully I know better than to fall for that again.

50/2.5? Is that because your loop is too long/have signal issues that you can't get 10mbps up?

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
I'm not sure why. I did the "Check Availability" thing on telus.com and that was the result. I ran the tool again today and it won't even give me a result.

edit: now it's telling me I can get 50/10. Good ol' Telus.

--
db

jtl999

In the GVRD
reply to clarknova
Same problem here with the upload.
»i.imgur.com/THHuCpA.png