uniqs
Bigfoot1
join:2013-04-24

2 edits

Bigfoot1 to lijacobs

to lijacobs

Re: Old vs New Customers

Simple? I think not.

The "regular" price is far more than anyone does or should pay. I will change providers in a heartbeat to avoid those prices.

I am old (retired) and on a fixed income. Every bill needs to be looked at and reduced when possible. All I want is access to the internet. The billing structure for that is not very favorable. Double and triple play is cheaper although not what I want. I take the TV part even though I don't use it just to lower the bill.

You may have the money to pay the regular prices. I don't

By changing providers every year or two I save 50 to 60 dollars a month. If you wish to pay that because you read the terms and are happy with a discount for a limited time then I don't know what to say.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

These companies are barely profiting from these promotions. Eventually, you might find your address blacklisted or something LOL. Your only option is to be aggravated, oh well.
Bigfoot1

Bigfoot1

All I want is the internet. The promotions don't go there. Its only TV plus internet that lowers my fee. Not my doing.

If you don't think they make alot of money on just internet, think again. The TV package I get is just locals. Rebroadcast. Not much carriage fees there, but it lowers my price.

If they wish to blacklist me that would be ok but in 20 years of doing this I have never found a carrier not willing to take my money.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to Bigfoot1

to Bigfoot1
said by Bigfoot1:

All I want is access to the internet. Double and triple play is cheaper although not what I want. I take the TV part even though I don't use it just to lower the bill.

By changing providers every year or two I save 50 to 60 dollars a month.

Oh, come on.

If all you want is internet-only, then order it. I just checked the price for the least expensive FIOS internet tiers. Residential is $54.99/month, business is $69.99/month. NOT promotional prices, regular prices.

How can you "save 50 to 60 dollars a month" going triple play just to get internet? Seriously?

That would make the residential triple-play deal just about $0 (free) each month and we all know that isn't the case.

And if this is for one of the premium Quantum tiers, then don't squawk about being "on a fixed income". If you really wanted only basic 'net connectivity with no frills and no TV, then you wouldn't be looking at premium fiber service. You'd be looking at one of the "Lite" packages offered by most telco and cable providers.

The facts don't match your complaints.
Bigfoot1

Bigfoot1

It may be cheaper in Florida, where you live, but here in the DC area internet only is $80. That is for 15/5. Higher speeds cost more. 50/25 is $90. Add any TV package and it goes to over $100. Not including boxes and taxes.

I now get 50/25 and TV for $50. A savings of $50. This is double play from a different provider. Promotional price that will end in 1 year.

Pureblood
'Let's Go Brandon'
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
PorkRoll NJ

Pureblood to Bigfoot1

Premium Member

to Bigfoot1
Just wondering, how long have you been a VZ customer? To help define "Old Customer" where do you think these rewards for long term customer’s should kick-in? 4 to 5 years, 6 to 10, 11 to 15, or 16 and above.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to Bigfoot1

to Bigfoot1
said by Bigfoot1:

I now get 50/25 and TV for $50. This is double play from a different provider.

What ISP sells a 50/25 tier other than Verizon?