All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga

grand total to cwelles7

to cwelles7

Re: [Anveo] Any way to disable Music on Hold?

I use the legacy SIP control. On the Advanced tab is a check box for Enable Music On Hold. It doesn't matter whether it is checked or not a caller hears music on hold. Sounds like a bug to me.
cwelles7
join:2002-10-30
New York, NY

cwelles7

It works the same way with the new SIP control. The person I dealt with in support insisted that this was by design. I thought I had a good solution by just putting a silent "Music on Hold" file up there, but it turns out that setting is used for the ring back tone as well. Apparently there no way to specify records for ring back and hold music.

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga

Click for full size
Can't you uncheck it? This is what I see. I have it unchecked, and I just tested a few minutes ago and there is no on hold music.
grand total
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by cybersaga:

Can't you uncheck it? This is what I see. I have it unchecked, and I just tested a few minutes ago and there is no on hold music.

Mine is unchecked, I still have hold music. This used to work, but it doesn't now.

cybersaga
Selby, ON

cybersaga

I'm not sure what makes my situation different then......

In the Inbox, do you have anything in the 'Music on Hold' folder? I don't. I can't remember if there was something there by default and I just deleted it.
grand total
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by cybersaga:

I'm not sure what makes my situation different then......

In the Inbox, do you have anything in the 'Music on Hold' folder? I don't. I can't remember if there was something there by default and I just deleted it.

My Music On Hold folder is empty. At one time I uploaded a file, but I have since deleted.

cybersaga
Selby, ON

cybersaga

I think I see what's happening. If I just put a call on hold, I just hear silence. However, if I hit 'flash' to make another call, or take another call, I hear the on hold music.

Kind of creepy music too.
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

anveo to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
said by grand total:

I use the legacy SIP control....

The difference is that grand total uses outdated 'Legacy SIP' control while cybersaga uses new 'SIP Phone' control.

'Legacy SIP' control is deprecated and no longer supported.

cybersaga
Selby, ON

cybersaga

said by anveo:

The difference is that grand total uses outdated 'Legacy SIP' control while cybersaga uses new 'SIP Phone' control.

But.... the new SIP control doesn't seem to change anything here. There is still on hold music even when the checkbox is unchecked (when using call waiting that is, not when strictly putting someone on hold), and changing the on hold music also changes the ring the callers hear before you pick up the phone.
grand total
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total to anveo

to anveo
said by anveo:

said by grand total:

I use the legacy SIP control....

I have just duplicated my call flow with a SIP Phone control replacing the legacy control. I still have music on hold even though the Enable Music On Hold check box is not checked.
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

anveo

Premium Member

Thanks to cwelles for reporting the issue and to grand total and cybersaga for confirming it. It is something to look into for our engineers...

cybersaga
Selby, ON

cybersaga

said by anveo:

It is something to look into for our engineers...

Awesome, thanks!
cwelles7
join:2002-10-30
New York, NY

cwelles7 to anveo

to anveo
Excellent! Thank you.
cwelles7

cwelles7 to cybersaga

to cybersaga
said by cybersaga:

I think I see what's happening. If I just put a call on hold, I just hear silence. However, if I hit 'flash' to make another call, or take another call, I hear the on hold music.

Kind of creepy music too.

Just to clarify on the "Hold" button causing music. When I use "Hold" with a legacy phone using a Linksys SAP3102 ATA, it's the same effect you're seeing and don't hear the hold music unless I flash or something similar.

However, when I use "Hold" with SIP based phones, I get the music immediately. I've tried this with both a Cisco SPA302 and a Panasonic KX-TGP500.