how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lilarry
Premium
join:2010-04-06

[Voip.ms] Long calls dropping - "Session Expired"

We are suddenly finding long duration calls dropping at 17:25 (give or take a second) with a "Session Expired" message on the phone screen. Many of these Grandstream IP phones have been in service with no problem for a couple of years - and now, all of a sudden, this issue. Seems to only be happening on Chicago and Montreal servers (at least thus far). Anyone have any thoughts?

Gobe

join:2009-10-14
canada

hum, one of my lines registered to the toronto server did exhibited this behavior (dropped call at 16:22 and 15:29) on overseas calls....at the time I thought it was ISP related....now (after reading your post) I don't know what to think.....

p.s. I don't use IP phone so there were no "session expired" messages

tbrummell2

join:2002-02-09
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1
reply to lilarry

Those servers were updated a while back, I wonder....

Try switching to Houston, it hasn't been upgraded yet as far as I know. See if the problem happens there. You nay also want to open a ticket.

lilarry
Premium
join:2010-04-06

said by tbrummell2:

Those servers were updated a while back, I wonder....

Try switching to Houston, it hasn't been upgraded yet as far as I know.

I was thinking the same thing. Just ran test through Houston. No problem there. However so far we are experiencing it on Chicago and Montreal1 (haven't tested any others yet), so I'm thinking it has something to do with the server upgrades. Also, it seems to be outbound calls only. Inbound calls are fine. We have an open ticket on the subject. We'll see what their techs say in the morning.