Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SteveJobs

join:2012-07-18
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

[IL] Good and bad for Mediacom

I applaud Mediacom for many things. We got a letter in the mail, stating our area is getting the all digital transition soon, and staying they are hosting an open house. This is above and beyond what I've ever seen a communications company do. We have gotten many letters from mediacom, and surveys. Even the guy in the overseas call center was nice and friendly, and funny. Frontier only sends us bills, bills and more bills.

What I'm not happy about is the price increases. Our bill is being increased several dollars for local broadcasting covers. I can see where they come from, but it still displeases me. Also, the new adaptor fee is a complete rip off. I'm also dissatisfied with their pricing tiers, as well. Maybe I'm just used too the locked in DSL plans, but the increasing prices of cable Internet gets expensive. It's not like they have to drop new lines or do expensive upgrades every year, so I don't understand why Mediacom and the cable industry works like this.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:95

Hi SteveJobs,

We here at Mediacom also don't like that the pricing for local broadcasting has gone up. Our CEO himself has written a petition to the FCC to try to control these charges. If you did not already know you can go to »mediacomonyourside.com/ and sign the petition to help fight back against the increased rates these stations are charging.

During the new job fair (and possibly the letters you received) it should be explained that for new digital transition areas the DTA's that are normally $0.99 a month are free for a period of time due to the transition and so this should not be reflected on your bill right away.

If you have any other questions feel free to private message me here and I will be happy to answer them the best I can.
--
MediacomChad
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

SteveJobs

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to SteveJobs

So I shall raise my pitch forks at CBS, ABC, Fox, etc! I now think its a load of BS of what they do after watching the video.

I understand the adaptor won't affect my bill now, but it will in 2014.

Also, I didn't get an explanation for why cable Internet prices go up every year.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Glad you see it our way now!

Most of the internet prices (at full price) stay the same. The pricing goes up because that is how the promotions are geared. Mediacom will start you out at a low rate and then instead of just shooting you straight up to the full price it will gradually increase year after year until reaching the full price. At which point most customers are eligible for what is known as a retention offer and that would help lower your cost again for a year or 2 depending on that offer.
--
MediacomChad
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

SteveJobs

reply to SteveJobs

And is the ultra $80 for on contract or off?

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

I believe the Ultra 50/5 is $79.95 standard rate with a 999GB cap.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

drslash,

That is correct. $79.95 is full price for the service and would come with a 999GB data allowance per month. The total is not inclusive of taxes and fees.

SteveJobs

reply to SteveJobs

What of its with a 2 year contract?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

That would depend. Private message me your account or phone number and I will check into it for you.