All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

What I want from the next expansions

I was thinking about what I’d like in the next expansion and my wish list is as follows:

1. Demons
2. Bolvar succumbing to madness and the return of a dangerous Lich King
3. A new ranged class
4. A proper melee/ranged hybrid class.

I’d achieve this over 2 expansions.

The first one would be a BC style demon heavy romp. New storyline, a load of portals to the nether appear and we have to go sort it out. Warlocks would be changed to make there demons act the same way as hunter pets, i.e. the warlock has to go “tame” them. The new class would the melee/ranged Nether Weaver and it would be pure DPS, powered by nether energies escaping from the portal and work a little like telekenisis. Spec 1 would be a melee kickboxing style with close range nether spells. Spec 2 would be full on ranged nether magic, making enemies bounce up and down, or launch nether fire.. Spec 3 would be a true hybrid melee/range spec. Imagine roundhouse kicking an enemy before launching a ball of nether at them hurling them backwards before following it up with bolts of nether which suspend them in air, before leaping back to them and uppercutting them with a nether punch. Seeds would be sown here about Bolvars madness.

The second expansion would be a return to Northrend and we’d be exposed to Bolvars madness. It would be set partly underground in the vast Nerubian catacombs (that’s runs under the entire of Northrend), which Bolvar has turned partly into a base of a new scourge army, and partly in an unexplored area to the North. The ranged class would be the Necromancer and would result in a few warlock/death knight changes. Warlock wise, Demonology would change to a full on tanking spec, where the warlock is a demon 24/7. The Felguard would have become available to all locks in the previous expansion with the taming changes. Death Knights would just lose minions, but be buffed to compensate. The Necromancer would essentially have the old demonology spec, but instead of demons it would be undead fiends, ghouls, ghasts, skeletons etc. Obviously all specs would have minions, but the demonolgyesque spec would have them buffed. The second spec would be shadow like, undead magic spec. think ranged Unholy death knight. The final spec would be a healing spec, which uses unholy magic. It would revolve around a Lich mechanic, requiring the Necro to cause some damage in order to heal others. It would have a Lichbourne style spell which turns the whole group/raid undead for 20 seconds, which greatly increases the healing done by unholy magic (and has a side effect of allowing a death knight to use unholy spells to off-heal).

I think about these things too much.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Sargeras and Brox

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
If they are going to add a new class(es) they should be faction only classes, like Pallys and shamans used to be.

Horde: Shadowhunter

Alliance: Spellsword (dunno, as I cant think of a Lore wise ally only class since they gave pallys away).

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Skittles:

If they are going to add a new class(es) they should be faction only classes, like Pallys and shamans used to be.

Horde: Shadowhunter

Alliance: Spellsword (dunno, as I cant think of a Lore wise ally only class since they gave pallys away).

They won't ever do faction specific classes again, I'd imagine there an absolute pain to balance as they'd have to tweak each raid twice and then they'd face angry forum posts of how Horde have it better etc. etc.
Watermasta
join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

I'd say it's too early for Sargeras...I mean...he is basically Satan in the Wow universe. I'd say have that be the absolute last expansion that WoW is going to put out and have him be the last boss. He is the end all be all.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

We have killed all his lieutenants in previous expansions, the freaking Lich King and the aspect of earth. He should be next.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Cat5

to Cat5
The past 2 new classes have been melee - DK and monk. Make a caster class next!

(Not even sure why I'm posting, I'm not even playing anymore, but I'm still fond of the game :P)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I'm not convinced the game needs another class. Is there a lore/role gap that you'd like to fill?

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

said by Immer:

I'm not convinced the game needs another class. Is there a lore/role gap that you'd like to fill?

I'm kinda in the same boat with this. But maybe it's just because I've not been playing as long as some. For me, I've still never played more than 15 min on a DK. Might as well be a new class for me. Have never leveled a Rogue or a Monk more than level 20. While I'd love to play another class, I'd love to play these classes also but just can't find the time.

And another class would just be another target for people to shoot at with "balance" issues. When the truth is that they are all too balanced now. We can't have faction specific classes or classes that are more than 3% difference from one another without people crying bloody murder.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

making enemies bounce up and down,

Looks like I'll be farming succubi for awhile.......
Watermasta
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

I would like to see a pure caster that wears plate and is capable of tanking from range with a variety of defensive cooldowns ala death knight.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

It would be nice to have another reason for Holy Plate in the game. Ranged tanking (not through a pet) doesn't seem to fit in my mind, though. Maybe if they had a form of "mirror image" that actually held the aggro in melee range... but that's getting into all sorts of weird, lol.

Skittles
Premium Member

1 recommendation

Skittles to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I like the thought of a spelsword/psionist

can use:
Telekinesis to grab or push enemies
Mind control
cast lightning
use special sword that the blades are made of magic-can dual weild or use a double-bladed staff

hmmmm

call it....

..Jedi.

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to Carpie

Anon

to Carpie
No new class, fix bugs with exsisting classes instead. Get better pvp balance. New raids (Sargeras is fine , but worry he will be the last, so is it the end of expansions? Could go for the Naga queen making a comeback) 5 man's that arent a faceroll aoe fest and the ability to block some of the horrible scenarios (Theramore in particular)

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

Get rid of Theramore scenario...I hate seeing it pop up as much as I hate seeing Shado-Pan Monestary in LFD.

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Cat5

to Cat5
I'd like to see the Warlock demo spec become a tank spec. Off-tank is there with a glyph but it needs a working taunt and probably crit reduction or something.

I'd like to see more rare and unique weapons that have effects other than just damage. Maybe also rare spell effects that are learnable to add more utility.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
I'd like to go back into Outland. Have the new area be either a restoration of some of the broken pieces of Draenor. Have the Naaruu, Velen, Malfurion, and Thrall piece together titan technology from Ulduar, Uldum, Mogu Shan, and the pools in the Vale (rumored to be titan's blood) to restore Draenor (for Orcs to have their home restored, for the Exodar to finally not be on some fringe islands). In doing so, we'd once again draw unwanted attention from Sargeras. While we spend the first part of the expansion battling the Void, unbound elementals, rogue Ethereals, etc. to secure Draenor (the Horde do it for the Orcs, the Alliance for the Draenei) Sargeras moves in on Azeroth... seeking ways to unleash an old god... one who might tell him of the titan's fate in the vale of eternal blossom. So the first raid would be in outland... then we'd have another raid somewhere on Azeroth... then the final raid could be in an ulduar-like interdimentional prison where we seek to prevent Sargeras from freeing an old god... only to find out that this prison was a trap cleverly laid by the pantheon to deal with Sargeras....

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by Immer:

I'd like to go back into Outland.

Only a person on a PvE server would say this. Those of us on PvP servers can't get into the Outlands without full Malevolent gear on. Honor hold might as well be renamed to Boneyard.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
damn that sounds really good Immer

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Only been on a PvE server for 3 months... I know your pain. There is some truly great material in Outland that could be reinvigorated.. polished, and slighly revamped. The map should be reshaped a bit for more interesting world pvp engagement, with guarded hubs strengthened in hellfire peninsula.

We could even see something interesting play out with Warlocks... maybe somehow losing their ability to summon demons from the void, or change the dymanic so that the deamons willingly ally with the warlocks (I don't know, it's late on a friday afternoon and I'm still in the office). Demonology warlocks would become infused with their felguard and be tanks (in melee range) like Illidan (who, admittedly became more of a saytr). Afflic/destro lock pets would become more like shaman totems rather than pets. The new class would be shadow hunter, which would be a cross breed between current warlocks and hunters.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Yeah I like where your head is at with all this too. Sounds like an awesome idea.

(Just took me a second attempt to actually read what you wrote after going back into the outlands. lol. I saw that and immediately went off on a tangent)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Thanks, guys... I don't want another continent on Azeroth... and dang sure don't want to spend the next expansion underwater (/shudder). I'm okay with going "inter-dimentional" but only if we reengage Outland/Draenor. I'd hate for outland to become (or remain) Everquest's Luclin. We could also get a completely new take on Ulduar raid design (don't go stupid with the vehicle crap!)
Watermasta
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

You could make a caster a tank by allowing him to use a "frost shield" kind of spell that could work similar to a block mechanic...and allowing spell power to increase dodge/parry. I like the idea of a making a clone of yourself to tank in front of the boss while you can run around and tank other mobs with other clones of yourself. Even though all of the damage is directed at you.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Skittles

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

hmmmm

call it....

..Jedi.

HaHa I was reading this and before I could scroll down and see this last part, I was hearing the lightsaber sounds in my head (especially since I'm playing SWTOR right now)

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Watermasta

to Watermasta
said by Watermasta:

You could make a caster a tank by allowing him to use a "frost shield" kind of spell that could work similar to a block mechanic...and allowing spell power to increase dodge/parry. I like the idea of a making a clone of yourself to tank in front of the boss while you can run around and tank other mobs with other clones of yourself. Even though all of the damage is directed at you.

Cool idea, be kind of hard to move the boss around.

I would like to see a new Ranged class, something with psionics would be cool. Maybe use Spell Leather. Rdps spec for Raids, Mdps for pvp and a Shadow priest type spec that did some healing or absorbs with it. Maybe a MC or some type of cool utility. This one could be used for either pvp or pve depending on raid make up or what role you are playing in a bg.

I think a reset of magic/stats is in order. Take the numbers back down to normal.

Back to outlands would be cool, I can get on board for that.

I would like to see some sort of prestige class(s) come about. Blizz would have to balance it enough for it to be worth it for both hardcore and casual players.

How about squires and or followers. I like what they are doing with the farm but it is time to take it a step further. I have killed Illidan, the Lich King, started a family during Cata so I skipped that one but hoping to kill the Thunder King and my Warchief... Where the hell is my Keep and followers. So after all that I am just now getting a farm and a dog... I do have the argent squire, but something that did alittle dps or hps would be cool. More for flavor than anything. Take them out questing with you to get rep bonus or something.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

I doubt we will see player housing in WoW and if we do it would be a single place that is instanced for each player. I mean where is a server like Stormrage or Mal'ganis with high pops going to put 500k player homes.....Deadwind pass would look like a ghetto.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

At least people would visit it then.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

I go to that depressing shithole every week looking for Attuman's horse to drop.

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Cat5

to Cat5
I am ok with it being just like the farm house, zoned per player. Could even have something in a major city and then your keep in the country. Have random followers show up that want to train under you. Then you could do some quest gearing them up and leveling. Be like NPC Fight Club.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
I want to see them fully utilize the Caverns of Time by porting us from there to the "New Azeroth". This could be a decimated version where Sargeras has come down, or pre-sundering. This would give Blizzard a new template to work with how they see fit. I would also like to see some form of actual customization for players, something like PoE where the number of choices is so large, that no one will be the same. I would also like to see something new, like secondary-classes, where you are a prot-warrior / mage. Give players the option to forgoe some abilities for others, it doesn't have to be imbalanced, but some more choice for players other than 21113 Frost DK.