Spiderman865
join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

Spiderman865 to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: [VOD] Watchathon Week to be an annual event

said by telcodad:

said by Spiderman865:

Tivo users do not pay the same as a Comcast DVR user (DVR rental fee), which = less $$ for Comcast. So why should they invest their resources on a less revenue producing offering?

Actually, encouraging TiVo users to use VoD would be a way to possibly extract more revenue from them, because of all the pay-to-view, premium content available there.

I never thought of it that way since I only use On Demand to watch the premium stuff that's included in my package.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Spiderman865:

said by telcodad:

said by Spiderman865:

Tivo users do not pay the same as a Comcast DVR user (DVR rental fee), which = less $$ for Comcast. So why should they invest their resources on a less revenue producing offering?

Actually, encouraging TiVo users to use VoD would be a way to possibly extract more revenue from them, because of all the pay-to-view, premium content available there.

I never thought of it that way since I only use On Demand to watch the premium stuff that's included in my package.

I know, I normally only watch the no-extra-charge items on VoD myself.

The only On Demand program that I have paid extra for recently was a Rolling Stones concert (my wife's favorite band).

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by telcodad:

The only On Demand program that I have paid extra for recently was a Rolling Stones concert (my wife's favorite band).

I agree, I have Vudu on my Sammy Plasma and it does 1080p, which looks good (not quite as good as Bluray but close). Why should I pay $5.99 for compressed as hell 1080i (if I'm lucky) when I can pay the same and get 1080p? Also Vudu offers different prices for 1080P, 720P and 480P which is great! Plus the GUI is so easy to use and it provides me with Rotten Tomatoes, Community and other reviews not to mention instant director, actor info and access to all those others movies. It's everything Comcast OnDemand should be and is currently a million miles (aka a decade away for Comcast) away from the current OnDemand on the iGuide (anyway). Plus I have Netflix and other video services. Comcast loses out as I don't feel like spending an hour doing research on my computer to find a movie. I watch some of the free stuff only on my friends and families TV's as they most don't have DVR's. The sad part is not one person I know, knows how to use OnDemand, lol, and most don't even know it's there! Just my two pennies, peace....

5th

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to Spiderman865

to Spiderman865
said by Spiderman865:

said by telcodad:

Shhh Don't let Comcast hear this or they'll pull the plug on the app