spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pooker314

join:2005-04-12
Brush Prairie, WA

question about new remote terminal

The 20 or so homes right around my house are in a relatively rural area and are at the maximum dsl distance from the remote terminal (18,000-19,000 feet). We have all been stuck on their 1.5mbps service for years with no hopes of upgrades. As a result of a new apartment complex going up near our current remote terminal (3.5 miles away), CTL is installing a new remote terminal. The white metal boxes are all installed and I've seen electricians at work connecting the power so I assume that the RT will go live in the near future. The new RT is being installed directly over our phone lines about 8,000-9,000 cable feet away from our homes so if they switched our pairs to the new RT, they would cut the line distance by more than 50%. Is there any way to find out if this is what they will do or do they tend to keep such plans a secret until they are actually implemented? I'm curious because, coincidentally enough, Comcast is installing 2 inch conduit down our street today and I will likely soon have to decide if I want to make a long term commitment to their service.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
The only way to easily find out anything is to stop and ask the people that are working on the new terminal. Try to catch someone that has a CL logo on their vehicle or clothing. A large majority of the people working for CL won't know anything until the unit is fully operational.