uniqs

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to rody_44

to rody_44

Re: Comcast will not fix their mistake- Cable Box not fully shut

Reading Fail

The birds were nesting in the box Comcast owns on the side of the building that houses all the cabling to the various units.

Way to go blaming the OP completely wrongly.

old_tech
Premium Member
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

said by OSUGoose:

Reading Fail

The birds were nesting in the box Comcast owns on the side of the building that houses all the cabling to the various units.

Way to go blaming the OP completely wrongly.

No one is blaming the OP, we all are blaming the wimps that Comcast is, and the people they hire, that they will not remove a nest out of a MDU or any box that has their equipment in, because some idiot in the Philly Ivory tower that is a tree hugger states so.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

Um you did:

/Quote
If you wanted them out of there why did you not just remove them. I guess there is a lot of ways to view this. One hand maybe they should pay and on the other why is it comcasts responsibility birds decided to nest at your house. Who knows but im under the impression they shouldnt. I know they have payed for extrerminaters but that had to do with comcast installing boxes with roaches in them. /Quote
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

3 edits

rody_44 to old_tech

Premium Member

to old_tech
I dont blame the people in philly. Hell i worked in the philly region and if we left saying a nest was in the box we would have been fired. Im thinking its a chicago thing. Wouldnt fly around here leaving a sub to have it taken care of. We get kind of used to removing nests (Birds or squirrels) Can only imagine what a post would be like on here the day i shoed a copperhead snake out of a box only to have it shrivel its ass into the subs house. Freakin lady screaming and me chasing the dam thing down. What a day that was. Them critters can move pretty dam fast. Lets say id didnt catch it, which i did. Would it be comcasts fault the snake went in the house who knows. Probably a gray area at best. Na , still dont think its not comcasts responsibility you have wild animals, Sorry i just dont. Of course ive been a member a long time and just because a poster says a tech said that doesnt mean he did. I have learned a long time ago to be leary of he said she said type posts.

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech to OSUGoose

Premium Member

to OSUGoose
OSUGoose, you may want to read the whole thread, instead of jumping into the conversation.

Again, the only blame the OP is getting, is not telling the tech to grow a pair, not the fact that Comcast has some false policy.

If you want to be placed on a person's ignore list, this is one way, by throwing stones at glass houss so to speak.

So go back and read the whole thread and keep an opinion out of that the OP is being blamed about this.

If they did have an issue, they would have stated that they are the guilty party, not the tech and Comcast, who are guilty of not doint their job of fixing the OP issues.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44 to OSUGoose

Premium Member

to OSUGoose
They own the box in the house to. If a mouse takes a shit on the box does that mean comcast has to pay to get rid of the mice. If you have a rental car on your property and a mouse gets in it. Do you think the rental car agency will send someone out to get rid of it. Na at the end of the day the property owner is responsible in my opinion. But i really dont know any techs that just wouldnt scare the little things away and call it a day. Bees, mice , squirrels , snakes , and birds most techs know how to handle them. We could also get in to the argument that comcast technically no longer owns the mdu boxes since the FCC has ruled they have to share the cables inside with competitors. So maybe direct tv should be held accountable for it. After all maybe they were in it and left it open. But im one that subscribes to the theory something on my property really doesnt matter who owns it. Its my responsibility. The law views it that way why should i not view it the same way.

In this case the tech told the homeowner to call animal control for the city. The sub called animal control which said they didnt that. Do i think that gives the sub reason to take it on to spend comcasts money without calling comcast back. NO I DONT I just dont think someone can spend someone elses money without first informing that person they were doing so. At the end of the day thats what happened here. I subscribe to the theory im responsible for my property no matter who owns whats on it. But than so does the law in this state. Seems to me if chicago has some law not allowing comcast to remove nests than chicago should be paying the bill. FWIW, Birds have nests in closed cabinets. Generally they stay away from open cabinets because they are to close to the ground. More than likely it formed closed and a tech didnt want to close it because the nest was there.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

so the customer can put a lock on the cabinet since it is on his property?

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

said by mikedz4:

so the customer can put a lock on the cabinet since it is on his property?

No, because the MDU is the property of Comcast. Now, if it is a private residence, and if you wish, yes you can place a lock on it, but beware that since most of these boxes are plastic, it does not take much to rip them open, along with the fact, that if Comcast wishes, they can cut the lock off of the box.

I have never had a issue with either our ATT or old Comcast box with people getting into them, and both are just screwed shut.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
Sure you can, Thats why they make bolt cutters. But actually in a condo the association owns the outside of the building, not the owner of the condo. An MDU is multiple dwelling unit, not a single house. Feel free to lock whatever you want, just dont be locking fire escapes or anything like that.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by rody_44:

Sure you can, Thats why they make bolt cutters. But actually in a condo the association owns the outside of the building, not the owner of the condo. An MDU is multiple dwelling unit, not a single house. Feel free to lock whatever you want, just dont be locking fire escapes or anything like that.

Lol, if I get to heaven and find out I died because my neighbor locked me out, lol, I'll haunt his ass until he dies!

No but really most places don't have fire escapes outside of New York or Chicago (other huge city).

5th