join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

old_tech to OSUGoose

Premium Member

to OSUGoose

Re: Comcast will not fix their mistake- Cable Box not fully shut

said by OSUGoose:

Reading Fail

The birds were nesting in the box Comcast owns on the side of the building that houses all the cabling to the various units.

Way to go blaming the OP completely wrongly.

No one is blaming the OP, we all are blaming the wimps that Comcast is, and the people they hire, that they will not remove a nest out of a MDU or any box that has their equipment in, because some idiot in the Philly Ivory tower that is a tree hugger states so.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

Um you did:

/Quote
If you wanted them out of there why did you not just remove them. I guess there is a lot of ways to view this. One hand maybe they should pay and on the other why is it comcasts responsibility birds decided to nest at your house. Who knows but im under the impression they shouldnt. I know they have payed for extrerminaters but that had to do with comcast installing boxes with roaches in them. /Quote
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

3 edits

rody_44 to old_tech

Premium Member

to old_tech
I dont blame the people in philly. Hell i worked in the philly region and if we left saying a nest was in the box we would have been fired. Im thinking its a chicago thing. Wouldnt fly around here leaving a sub to have it taken care of. We get kind of used to removing nests (Birds or squirrels) Can only imagine what a post would be like on here the day i shoed a copperhead snake out of a box only to have it shrivel its ass into the subs house. Freakin lady screaming and me chasing the dam thing down. What a day that was. Them critters can move pretty dam fast. Lets say id didnt catch it, which i did. Would it be comcasts fault the snake went in the house who knows. Probably a gray area at best. Na , still dont think its not comcasts responsibility you have wild animals, Sorry i just dont. Of course ive been a member a long time and just because a poster says a tech said that doesnt mean he did. I have learned a long time ago to be leary of he said she said type posts.

old_tech
Premium Member
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

old_tech to OSUGoose

Premium Member

to OSUGoose
OSUGoose, you may want to read the whole thread, instead of jumping into the conversation.

Again, the only blame the OP is getting, is not telling the tech to grow a pair, not the fact that Comcast has some false policy.

If you want to be placed on a person's ignore list, this is one way, by throwing stones at glass houss so to speak.

So go back and read the whole thread and keep an opinion out of that the OP is being blamed about this.

If they did have an issue, they would have stated that they are the guilty party, not the tech and Comcast, who are guilty of not doint their job of fixing the OP issues.