Search similar:

uniqs
stevehendo34
join:2013-05-10
Madison, WI

1 edit

stevehendo34

[Solved] [Other] Cisco DPC3008 bridge mode

Do I have to set my DPC3008 modem to "bridge mode" in order to get through it from the outside. I will be using dynamic DNS from DynDNS. If so dose anyone know how this is done.

One Charter tech said go to htpp://192.168.100.1. Login with with no username and password--this works but I just get only 2 tabs. Do you think I am getting restricted access and there is another username that could be used to set it for "bridge mode" if it even needs that? This tech said they allow bridging. but don't support it and would not help other than telling me to leave the username and password fields blank to login into their modem.

I called back twice and the these techs did not have a clue about "bridge mode" or even longing into the webservers running @ htpp://192.168.100.1 on their modems modems. Dose charter hire computer people for tech support or just dumb-ass's off the street.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Re: [Other] Cisco DPC3008 bridge mode

some of us have been trying to figure out the password combination to access the logs for about 3-4 months.

No successful password combinations have been provided.....

defiant
Former Charter lackey
join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI

defiant to stevehendo34

to stevehendo34
It already acts as a network "bridge", so no. There's no user-configurable settings in the diagnostics interface anyway.

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

most of us are just wanting to see the "modem logs" when we start having problems.......
said by defiant:

It already acts as a network "bridge", so no. There's no user-configurable settings in the diagnostics interface anyway.

defiant
Former Charter lackey
Monroe, MI

defiant

I'm not saying there isn't interesting information there, just that there's no "settings".
stevehendo34
join:2013-05-10
Madison, WI

stevehendo34

Ok thanks so it probably dose not have a firewall in their ether.

Charter said try leave both blank when logging in or use
OR
user chatruser
password charter
This one did not work for me!

defiant
Former Charter lackey
Monroe, MI

defiant

No firewall.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to stevehendo34

Premium Member

to stevehendo34

Re: [Solved] [Other] Cisco DPC3008 bridge mode

Check the IP address assigned to whatever device you have connected directly to the "modem". If it is a public IP address, then your good to go. If it isn't, then you've got a problem.

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to stevehendo34

to stevehendo34

Re: [Other] Cisco DPC3008 bridge mode

No combination of username/password suggested in about 20 that have been worked successfully.

there actually MUST be one because Charter can log into the modem and view the stats.
said by stevehendo34:

Ok thanks so it probably dose not have a firewall in their ether.

Charter said try leave both blank when logging in or use
OR
user chatruser
password charter
This one did not work for me!

defiant
Former Charter lackey
Monroe, MI

defiant

The stats are captured via a different interface, not via the, typically, user-accessible web interface.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

said by defiant:

The stats are captured via a different interface, not via the, typically, user-accessible web interface.

I wonder if the home techs have access to that special interface...it seems more likely to me that the tech that visits your home simply logs into your modem page to get the logs....

If there is a Charter tech that can post anon here and provide us with that information we would all be very appreciative...
sittin_tech
join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN

sittin_tech

Techs have web based apps that pull all nessary information to troubleshoot. There is hardly ever a need to log into a modem anymore.