spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NikAmi

join:2009-09-12
Easton, PA

Which STBs are available in South Florida?

I have a condo in Sunny Isles Beach Florida and we have ABB for TV/Internet. I abhor the picture quality and cable box we have down here because our RCN cable TV and TiVo boxes at home are so much nicer. I know I can't do anything about the PQ, but I was wondering if there were any other boxes available (perhaps newer models) so that I could swing by their office, swap the box and install the new one myself. Right now I'm using a Cisco Explorer 4652HDC and the guide is piss poor and the box takes forever to switch channels. Honestly, it's so bad that I hardly watch TV on it. I should mention that I only want an HDTV tuner box because I don't want to pay extra for a DVR that hardly ever gets used.

NikAmi

Easton, PA
Hmmm...almost 40 unique views and not a single response. Anybody care to chime in?

Mountaintech

join:2003-05-30
Cumberland, MD
reply to NikAmi
You can purchase a TiVo unit and have a cable card installed or purchase a Cable card ready TV if you can find one. Each has it's pro's & con's though.

NikAmi

Easton, PA
reply to NikAmi
Nah... I don't feel like blowing a couple hundred bucks on a set top box and then another hundred or so a year for service when it would get used so little. The nice thing about the TiVo at home is that it is provided by the cable company so there is no additional cost aside from the box rental fee.