spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mario02423
join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL

mario02423

[VOD] Video On-Demand now gone!

Noticed that my Comcast DVR was giving me a CL-0x000f error, so I chatted up Comcast. Here's what they said:
Upon checking the account it shows that you have Digital Economy package. This package does not include on demand. This is the reason why you receive the error message.Elmer: A large number of customers are currently receiving TV programming that they currently do not subscribe to, or possess equipment that is not authorized to receive unsubscribed programming. In an effort to match programming to appropriate service level, Comcast will adjust TV packages and equipment to reflect the proper service the customer subscribes to.
So, after six months of cable, my VoD went away. Sure, it's great that I received it "FREE" for six months, but this really isn't included? Anyone else's disappear Friday?

SorryEconomy
@comcast.net

SorryEconomy

Anon

Nope, Digital Economy, from day one has never included VOD. Post migration all over-authorization and addressability issues should be fixed. VOD minimum level has always been Digi Starter.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by SorryEconomy :

Nope, Digital Economy, from day one has never included VOD. Post migration all over-authorization and addressability issues should be fixed. VOD minimum level has always been Digi Starter.

What he ^^^ said, although the RNG110 boxes constantly have a bug which causes them to actually give an error message that requests you to unplug the box for a minute?! What is Comcast smoking? Most people have no clue how to turn on their TV's let alone unplug them. And why does this error message happen every other week? Why doesn't the box simply reset once it detects this error rather than forcing the customer to do it weekly? Comcast blows...

5th

Ebolla
join:2005-09-28
Dracut, MA

Ebolla to mario02423

to mario02423
did you happen to have a free premium channel during that time? if so it would give access to VoD but should only of had that premium, sometimes they will "glitch" and allow local broadcast as well.
mario02423
Berwyn, IL

mario02423

No free premium channels. VoD worked fine for months until this past Friday. Just wondering if anyone else had been included in these changes. They sure surprised me!
lancguy
join:2012-03-25
Lancaster, PA

lancguy to mario02423

to mario02423
digital economy does not include on demand. If you have premiums, you WILL NOT have access to on demand for premiums either. In motorola markets, it is possible that your box did not have the correct mapping for digital economy. Comcast has started running audits to ensure digital economy, family tier, and b1 customers have the correct mapping. if they do not, the system will up date the mapping and send a signal to the box to disable unsubribed channels and vod. It is also possible that your box never took the initial update to start with. We get numerous calls about vod issues on digital economy customers. The call center should advise customers that the package does not include VOD, but they don't and schedule a trouble call any way. Line Techs can't fix it, since the box is working correctly for that tier of service.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

That not having Comcast On Demand sucks! We have TWC with HBO and Showtime, and if you get any premium channels, the On Demand equivalents are also included. I have friends in Comcast markets. What is the lowest digital package that they must have to get On Demand?

Satch

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr

Anon

There are a few exceptions but usually its starter. There are packages for some lower sets that come with steampix on demand only though. After that, you'd need to talk to a sales team member for more specifics.
mario02423
Berwyn, IL

mario02423

It's interesting, because I can login at xfinity.comcast.net and watch all the On Demand I want, but I certainly can't on my cable box. Maybe they locked me out of one service but not the other? Who knows anymore.

blstp1298
@comcast.net

blstp1298 to flwpwr

Anon

to flwpwr
The BlastPlus packages have a variant of digital economy with Streampix. That package comes with a limited On Demand service that includes basically the same channels that come with that package.

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude to mario02423

to mario02423
So you cant purchase movies from comcast, obviously the person who thinks VOD is added service is moronic. I could understand different pricing. But why would comcast not want to buy something. More genius behavior from comcast.
raffoutroud
join:2010-03-31
Lynnwood, WA

raffoutroud

said by DaveDude:

So you cant purchase movies from comcast, obviously the person who thinks VOD is added service is moronic. I could understand different pricing. But why would comcast not want to buy something. More genius behavior from comcast.

It's an addressability/gating issue. Also by setting a minimum level of service to get it it helps upsell. What's moronic about that?

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude

said by raffoutroud:

said by DaveDude:

It's an addressability/gating issue. Also by setting a minimum level of service to get it it helps upsell. What's moronic about that?

I have the highest level of service, and if ppv/Vod was gone, i wouldn't notice. Its not something of value to me. I use netflix for ppv, and blockbuster. So comcast is pushing these people to better services for a cheaper price.