how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

twiggy1214

join:2003-12-27
Roseville, MI

Manage my TV does not work

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but ever time I click on TV and then click on Manage My TV, it goes back to the home page. I have tried logging out of email, but then it asks for the password. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ultra TV was installed on Wednesday. I called technical support on Thursday and he said I needed to wait at least 24 hours. Today is Sunday and it still doesn't work. Thank you in advance for your help.

CSkaryd

join:2013-05-01
I have this problem fairly regularly. Usually, pulling the plug on the Media Gateway, and then waiting 5 minutes for it to reboot fixes the issue. Although sometimes I can fix the problem by simply opening the browser in "Privacy Mode."

Although if you are a new UltraTV user and it's never worked, you may have a different issue than mine.

twiggy1214

Roseville, MI
said by CSkaryd:

I have this problem fairly regularly. Usually, pulling the plug on the Media Gateway, and then waiting 5 minutes for it to reboot fixes the issue. Although sometimes I can fix the problem by simply opening the browser in "Privacy Mode."

Although if you are a new UltraTV user and it's never worked, you may have a different issue than mine.

Thank you. I tried that and it didn't work.

wowcoder

join:2010-03-04
said by twiggy1214:

Thank you. I tried that and it didn't work.

There was another thread for a similar issue where WOW_Dan suggested calling customer service and having them open up a ticket with their portal provider (he said they may have to escalate to tier 3 to accomplish this).

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
reply to twiggy1214
I remember Dan saying pulling the plug on the WOW gateway is not a full reset. You also have to take out the phone battery, even if you don't subscribe to WOW phone service. The phone battery is keeping part of the box running so it must be removed as well.

HSDays

join:2007-11-26
Reynoldsburg, OH
said by Body Count:

I remember Dan saying pulling the plug on the WOW gateway is not a full reset. You also have to take out the phone battery, even if you don't subscribe to WOW phone service. The phone battery is keeping part of the box running so it must be removed as well.

+1 a reset requires removing the battery and then pulling power.

twiggy1214

Roseville, MI
Thank you I just tried that. I took the battery out and unplugged for 5 minutes and it still doesn't work.

twiggy1214

Roseville, MI
Well I contacted Technical Support last night they are troubleshooting it. I received a call back this afternoon stating it was fixed, but when I clicked on it, it doesn't show my DVRs. I tried it in Google Chrome and I am getting the message "Your Media Gateway is not responding" so they are still working on it. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27
reply to twiggy1214
Now that they have "fixed" the gateway try unplugging/plugging in one of the media players.

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
reply to twiggy1214
Try it in Internet Explorer. I had issues with Chrome with other things that I.E. worked fine on. Like BTN2GO live shows.

twiggy1214

Roseville, MI
I have tried both IE9 and Google Chrome and neither will detect the gateway. I have unplugged and pulled the battery on the Gateway for about 10 minutes plugged it back in and retried IE9 and Google Chrome without success. I don't understand, as the tech that called me on Thursday said he could log into my account and everything worked. I just tried logging into portal.wowway.net on my kindle fire and it works. It showed all three of my media players, start recording, etc. It has to be something wrong with my Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. At this point, I guess something is blocking it in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, but I don't know what. I don't know what to do to fix it though. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.