When is ep 14 airing?
13 was up by now last week.

Gandalf4503

join:2002-06-27
Cohoes, NY
said by DarkLogix:

When is ep 14 airing?

I wouldn't get too excited for episode 14 as it's supposed to be a recap episode going into the 2nd season. So, basically, new things will happen in episode 15.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

When is ep 14 airing?

This week's episode is up now, and it's actually ep. 13.5. As was stated, it's just kind of a recap episode of everything that has happens in the first 13 episodes. Ep. 14 will air next week.

This just seems like a waste of time IMO. I hate when they do this.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
said by Alpha Phoenix:

This just seems like a waste of time IMO. I hate when they do this.

It can never be as bad as Naruto's filler....NEVER!
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

The Judd Family site!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Holy crap! Did you see this week's episode???! Cant' wait until the next ep!

Gandalf4503

Cohoes, NY
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Holy crap! Did you see this week's episode???! Cant' wait until the next ep!

Yeah, just watched it. This whole arc has been interesting so far. The only thing I'm worried about is that we're just going to get more and more questions with no real answers. I've heard that even in the manga they haven't fully explained everything, and with it still ongoing, I'm guessing that'll have an impact on the anime.

tekniq
Premium
join:2001-06-17
Lenexa, KS
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Episode 18/19 ok so its been pretty awesome so far. favorite parts the new giant female titan is just kicking all sorts of ass. best part is when shes just twirling the guy from his maneuvering gear finally they get her pinned down - and they suspect someone is driving the titan now. if you remember correctly the Titan did not go after Arimen *spelling* I'm lead to believe its going to be his mother or someone related. either way I usually don't get into these "endless" animes but this one has just been supremely dark and good action fantasy aspects in a cruel world. I've been loving it so far.

- tek -
--
We drain the oceans and suck all the blood out of the soil
We spend the time we have left fighting and killing each other
Lust for comfort, entertainment becomes an obsession
And there is so much time to kill
-gojira-

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I just finished 16.

I stopped watching when there were no more new episodes probably around ep ~12 or so. Then I just forgot about it giving them a chance to catch-up.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
said by Octavean:

I just finished 16.

I stopped watching when there were no more new episodes probably around ep ~12 or so. Then I just forgot about it giving them a chance to catch-up.

And what do you think?
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
I still think its great. A few episodes here and there felt as though they had little direction or story advancement but since others here have tossed around the term "filler" I guess I'm not alone in thinking this.

I'm still a few episodes behind though I'm in no rush.

I kind of wish there was a subtitled version,.....

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
said by Octavean:

I kind of wish there was a subtitled version,.....

Huh? What are you talking about? The subbed version is the only version I watch. I don't even see a dubbed version.... although even if I did, I would pick the subbed anyway.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
I intended to say dubbed,...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Ugh! I don't really like anime that's been dubbed. Sounds horrible in most cases. Not always, but in an overwhelming majority of my experience, this has been the case.
--

tekniq
Premium
Lenexa, KS
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Ugh! I don't really like anime that's been dubbed. Sounds horrible in most cases. Not always, but in an overwhelming majority of my experience, this has been the case.

Agreed - most dubs are trash, though there have been a few exceptions to this I'd say best one's they've had Full Metal Alchemist Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.
for all intensive purposes I'd always prefer Subs but if I'm passing out while trying to watch its nice to be able to close my eyes and not miss anything.
--
-gojira-

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Perhaps the issue is with series dubs,....?

I don't know, but I've seen a few movies that were fine in english IMO, like "Spirited Away", "Ponyo" and the like. In fact I think the English voice actors added something extra that is just lost in subtitles.

Either way its a translation,......

I'm an artist myself and I personally don't like looking away from a literal orgy of art on the screen just to look down at some text.

When done right, dubbed will always be my preference and when not I would always want at least the option.

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Alpha Phoenix
The average dub is just that--average. Not "horrible". Not "trash". Sure, some are really crappy, but I expect the real problem is that we so often hear the same voice actors again and again and again doing yet another character that we get tired of it. Of course, that's what the Japanese fans so often say, too, since the studios tend to use the same voice actors again and again and again ("Oh, no... not them again!").

And when the sub is so badly done that you can't even read it--like yellow text over a background that half the time is dark (OK) and half the time is light (unreadable), you don't have much choice but to go with the dub. Honestly, I like to experience both--so I don't develop the jaded, snooty attitude that causes me to constantly use words like "horrible" and "trash" when describing someone else's best efforts to deliver a good product.

(And for that other guy: "intensive purposes" should be "intents and purposes" [if I understood your meaning, that is].)

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to tekniq
said by tekniq:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Agreed - most dubs are trash, though there have been a few exceptions to this I'd say best one's they've had Full Metal Alchemist Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.
for all intensive purposes I'd always prefer Subs but if I'm passing out while trying to watch its nice to be able to close my eyes and not miss anything.

Don't forget about Dragon Ball Z. Hated the voice actors in the original Japanese production. In that instance, I would say that the dubbed version was way better than the subbed version.
--

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4
reply to GlennAllen
said by GlennAllen:

And when the sub is so badly done that you can't even read it--like yellow text over a background that half the time is dark (OK) and half the time is light (unreadable), you don't have much choice but to go with the dub.

Going way off topic, but has anyone grown to rage on the subtitles that Hulu uses? The only series that I watch on Hulu is Blood Lad, but when its on full screen on my htpc, they are tiny, even after I go into the settings and make them as large as possible.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA
I've noticed that. Maybe it's one of their hulu "plus" features--text that sizes well/larger with higher resolution displays. Well, at least they have some settings; other sites don't even have that--just "on" or "off".

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Alpha Phoenix
For what its worth I don't much care for the new title sequence, theme song / beginning. Or perhaps its better to say I don't like it as much as the old one.

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA
Yeah, that was my initial reaction to it. But I guess I've gotten used to it now.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4
When I first hear it, it almost plays like a propaganda video. I know it"s not the intention but for me it fits the series. I feel as the series progresses, just like in every other anime, the local authority was in the know of the issue the whole time.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
I'd say the same for the new ending sequence as well,....

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to hitachi369
A friend of mine that also has only seen the anime has a theory.

The theory is the titans were created to force people into the walls, (think with the titans around how ever did they build the walls?)

And that the "special ones" (the colossal, armored and ...) might be high ups in the gov and did that to re-instil fear of the titans on the masses

One thing I find odd is they said that mekasi (spelling) is the last Asian, I wonder if maybe there was some biotech experiment gone wrong (or right) that created the titans and it happened in japan.
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

Gandalf4503

Cohoes, NY
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I can't wait for episode 21 this week. I really have no idea what to expect from, well, you know. The last few episodes of the season are going to be full of epicness.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Ya I wonder if they'll catch her or if she'll get away
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

tekniq
Premium
Lenexa, KS
said by DarkLogix:

Ya I wonder if they'll catch her or if she'll get away

yeah I'm curious as to the same waiting is a killer - as they have her poked full of holes she's still aware and protecting where the "pilot" would be of course denoting signs of intelligence. the possibility of the government higher ups controlling the Colossal Titans, doesn't seem the way it would go seems that most of them are to afaraid or oblivious as to letting themselves be eaten by titans.

That would be an interesting twist, however I was thinking that the "Pilots" would be fallen troops who were eaten and had some rage blood lust or resentment for dying so horribly.

I'm most interested in If - it is a human controlling the titan who is it and their motives

--
-gojira-