MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to tekniq

MVM

to tekniq

Re: [Anime] Attack on Titan

Well if I were to toss out wild ideas I would say:

Eren's mother was eaten just as horribly as any other but she is a blood relation to the only person who we know can harness or quasi harness the power of a Titan form. While the female Titan seemed to have a great deal of thought and control that doesn't necessarily mean she intended to kill Eren. What mother wouldn't kill to protect her child,.....?

Crazy I know but I haven't heard anything that makes much sense anyway. Keep in mind I'm only up to episode 19,.....

tekniq
Premium Member
join:2001-06-17
Lenexa, KS

tekniq

Premium Member

I like that idea, would also make sense as to why she didn't kill Armin since he was a childhood friend Eren's

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Good point, I hadn't even thought of that but it fits nicely with the theory.

I'll also add that the female form Titan didn't seem to interact with the other titans that emerged from the same direction that decimate the teams scouting ability early into the operation. Therefore we have no way of knowing if the average Titan would attack her in the same way they would attack Eren

tekniq
Premium Member
join:2001-06-17
Lenexa, KS

tekniq to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Indeed, looking forward to ep 21 this weekend
so then we can do this all over again if they advance things, I am a bit concerned for filler episodes Xfingers.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

Alpha Phoenix to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
But Eren's mother wouldn't know how to use the 3D Maneuver Gear or how to fight as a soldier, so I think that rules her out.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

I'm sure your right but as I said I'm only up to episode 19 what you are referring to seems to be in episode 20,...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

HOLY @#%$$!!!! Today's episode was the most badassed episode of Attack on Titan I have seen to date!!!! Holy sh!t!!!!

I was literally on the edge of my seat, and holding my breath throughout the entire episode! I can't freaking wait until next week's episode now!!!
Gandalf4503
join:2002-06-27
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503

said by Alpha Phoenix:

HOLY @#%$$!!!! Today's episode was the most badassed episode of Attack on Titan I have seen to date!!!! Holy sh!t!!!!

I was literally on the edge of my seat, and holding my breath throughout the entire episode! I can't freaking wait until next week's episode now!!!

Yeah, it was a really epic episode. Also pretty sad too. I'm looking forward to having everything explained, but I feel like in typical AoT fashion, when the season ends we're going to have more questions than actual answers.

But, yeah, there's going to be a reckoning soon.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Cincinnati, OH

hitachi369

Premium Member

Is there going to a hiatus after the summer season?
Gandalf4503
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503

said by hitachi369:

Without a doubt. As others have said, they've almost caught up to the manga. If they put out another season immediately they'd end up going off into uncharted territory, which would end poorly as it always does.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by Gandalf4503:

said by hitachi369:

Without a doubt. As others have said, they've almost caught up to the manga. If they put out another season immediately they'd end up going off into uncharted territory, which would end poorly as it always does.

@#$%!

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH

hitachi369

Premium Member

I would prefer a hiatus to non-cannon content, we will see. Turing off the money spigot might be a bit tricky for the anime producers.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I kinda suspected the Female Titan was Annie . No to find out when she was doing what she was doing.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

I kinda suspected the Female Titan was Annie .

Me too, even told a friend who had forgotten her.

My question is why?

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by DarkLogix:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

I kinda suspected the Female Titan was Annie .

Me too, even told a friend who had forgotten her.

My question is why?

Maybe its not even her agenda. Maybe she is just doing what she was told. Remember her father was training her to fight and she is quite formidable. Maybe he had a specific reason when training her.

Why is still a good question though.

Also who are the other Armored titans that breached the walls before?

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

Likely the same as Eren and the female one. People within the police / military. Manufactured need for security / power. The normal titans aren't capable of breaching the walls, but if you have a manufactured titan that CAN, thus allowing normal titans into the walls, you drive a need for the MPs. Also explains how they suddenly appeared / disappeared as well.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by captokita:

said by Octavean:

Likely the same as Eren and the female one. People within the police / military. Also explains how they suddenly appeared / disappeared as well.

I was thinking this myself.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to captokita

MVM

to captokita
said by captokita:

said by Octavean:

Likely the same as Eren and the female one. People within the police / military. Manufactured need for security / power. The normal titans aren't capable of breaching the walls, but if you have a manufactured titan that CAN, thus allowing normal titans into the walls, you drive a need for the MPs. Also explains how they suddenly appeared / disappeared as well.

Oh well there was clearly a lightning strike proceeding the appearance of wall breaching intelligent Titans. Which seemed to appear and disappear at will.

What you said reminds me of an early conversation with young Eren Jaegar and the guy that saved him and Mikasa.

Fear and loyalty to the military / police / Government is definitely an angle that sounds plausible. Clearly there is a level of corruption no matter what,.....

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369 to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
So I finally got around to reading the manga, I am only 10 chapters in but I can say without a doubt the series translates better to anime than manga.

For the people that have read/watched both, do they have a flash back to the training montage that they had at the start when they were learning the maneuver gear? Or was that largely filler in the anime to pad the stats a bit? I am just wondering if maybe i got a bad copy that is missing some data, as I have not run across that scene and we are already at the Erren titan arc.
Gandalf4503
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503

said by hitachi369:

So I finally got around to reading the manga, I am only 10 chapters in but I can say without a doubt the series translates better to anime than manga.

For the people that have read/watched both, do they have a flash back to the training montage that they had at the start when they were learning the maneuver gear? Or was that largely filler in the anime to pad the stats a bit? I am just wondering if maybe i got a bad copy that is missing some data, as I have not run across that scene and we are already at the Erren titan arc.

There's parts of the anime that elaborated a bit more on parts where the manga was a bit barren for the sake of character building, so you'll see some things in the anime that wasn't in the manga.
Gandalf4503

Gandalf4503 to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
Make sure you watch past the credits in the last episode of AoT. Also, if you haven't read the manga, pick it up at chapter 33 as it's slightly different than the last episode and go from there.

I thought there would be at least one more episode after this, but it appears they decided to end it at 25. I kind of have mixed feelings on it.

Annie basically kicked Erin's ass again, as I expected, but she was scared shitless of him at the same time. Whatever was supposed to happen there, we again have no answers or explanations. The titan in the wall is interesting, though. I'm anxious to see where that's going to lead.

But, all in all, I felt the last episode was a bit rushed. I wanted more time for the fight and would've enjoyed another episode to wrap things up.

Since the manga is a monthly serialization, it's going to be slow going, which means we'll probably have to wait around a year for another season to start.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I'm wondering so is the anime dead or will it be resumed later?

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
This weekend @ AWA I saw sooooooo many AoT cosplayers, sheesh. I'd say it's pretty popular. There must be someone out there putting out the jackets, cause many of them looked the same. The differences on the home-made maneuver gear was interesting as well. One person had their little child dressed as a titan. Well done!

2nd on the list would be Kirito from SAO, with Asuna there as well.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369 to Gandalf4503

Premium Member

to Gandalf4503
Well I just caught up to current in the manga, and wow, I like where the story is going.

manga stuff below.
Do you think the hairy titan is a smart titan, or another transforming human?
Gandalf4503
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503

said by hitachi369:

Well I just caught up to current in the manga, and wow, I like where the story is going.

manga stuff below.

Manga spoilers below:

I think he's a human transformed into a titan from their "home village". He seemed to be pretty out of touch with humanity and was interested in the 3D Maneuver Gear, so I'm guessing he's been off doing whatever for some period of time and decided to venture out now.

It also seems like he has the capability to transform people into titans too, as that village vanished. I'm wondering how that's done.

Also, did you get the part about Ymir wandering around as a mindless titan for 60 years? There's quite a bit hinted at here and there in the story, but no actual answers to anything yet =\

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I'm wondering the same thing too. Anyone know if it's dead, on break, or will there be filler arcs?
Gandalf4503
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503

said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by DarkLogix:

I'm wondering the same thing too. Anyone know if it's dead, on break, or will there be filler arcs?

There hasn't been any official statements on a season 2 yet, thus there's nothing but conjecture. I can tell you that they are not going to do fillers, however, and that the series will be on hold until more of the manga is released. It's going to be 20 volumes in total and currently 11 volumes have been officially released in full (volume 12 is started but not complete until December).

With as much money as they've made from AoT it's a given that there will be more of the anime, but I doubt it'll be out for a year at least. The final season will probably cover the remainder of the manga up until the end.

You need to have some patience and use your brains a little bit.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by Gandalf4503:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by DarkLogix:

There hasn't been any official statements on a season 2 yet, thus there's nothing but conjecture. I can tell you that they are not going to do fillers, however, and that the series will be on hold until more of the manga is released. It's going to be 20 volumes in total and currently 11 volumes have been officially released in full (volume 12 is started but not complete until December).

With as much money as they've made from AoT it's a given that there will be more of the anime, but I doubt it'll be out for a year at least. The final season will probably cover the remainder of the manga up until the end.

You need to have some patience and use your brains a little bit.

That sucks. How the hell are we supposed to know when it's going to be back?! Hopefully there's a post in this forum when the time comes.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369 to Gandalf4503

Premium Member

to Gandalf4503
said by Gandalf4503:

said by hitachi369:

manga stuff below.

Manga spoilers below:

(spoiler)

I foresee a revelation that titian's are people, ohh my, and just lose more of their humanity the longer they stay feral.

I am also guessing that the other village the hairy titan mentions is either another walled city or compound in the titan wilderness.

At this point and you can call me crazy, but the there are more than one walled city group, and the hairy titan is part of a group in charge of managing the people, for whatever their value is, I'll ramble on this in a bit below. I find it unlikely that he will be part of some outlying rebel group within or otherwise the walls, with a hate on his fellow man. His lack of knowledge on the 3D gear tells me he is an outsider. I think there is a larger organization outside of the walls with some unknown goal.

To further my standpoint, I have deduced that it cannot be the leadership in the current city cluster, the king, as they are cutting the nose off to spite the face. I could understand maybe killing everyone in the first city, I think Trost(?) or was that the second city(?) whatever city the series started out in, but to destroy the whole outer wall just to instill fear in the populace is a bit cavalier and unneeded. Whatever is happening is happening because of something outside of the walls. It may have come to fruition because of their wanting to leave the walls, or population discourse, as this was hinted in the first chapter or inevitably as mentioned recently or a combination of both.

As to the unknown value of the people, if I'm not mistaken it has been mentioned that the whole killing the people was destiny. The titans in the walls shows that either humanity had control of them, and lost it, or we are caged in for something. The cage has been brought up, or inferred, this leads me to believe that the titans need us for something. It's not for food, and for population growth doesn't make sense as they are just killing them with reckless abandon.

Either way, I like the series for not hesitating to kill people. Usually you will have a series and the core group of people will never be harmed, or killed or maimed. This leads to a bit of predictability in the series, you will have a few heroic deaths, but for the most part if you have a name, and appear as an ongoing story you are safe. In this series it appears unless you are the 3 leads you can get killed at any point.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

DarkLogix to Gandalf4503

Premium Member

to Gandalf4503
said by Gandalf4503:

You need to have some patience

WHAT never, Impatience is also a virtue.