spc
Search similar:

uniqs
markuswarren
join:2006-01-28
Asus RT-AC88

markuswarren

Query about info returned from line stats tool

Enabled the enhanced stats for a sagemcom modem. I am on 6/0.8 which will be upgraded shortly to 15/10

I was viewing the stats and have a query about what I'm seeing.

It list under Line Status:
Upstream Payload Rate : 800 kbps
Downstream : 5056 kbps

Which sounds about right for what I'm getting.

In Extended Port Status it shows:
Bme: 1 Port: 1
Downstream line rate: 5636 kbps
Upstream line rate: 964 kbps
Bearer0 Downstream payload rate: 5056 kbps
Bearer1 Downstream payload rate: 0 kbps
Bearer0 Upstream payload rate: 800 kbps
Bearer1 Upstream payload rate: 0 kbps
Downstream attainable payload rate: 9248 kbps
Downstream attainable line rate: 9704 kbps

Does this mean that I would only get "up to" of between 9248 and 9704 when I'm switched to 15/10? Or is this the max that my current profile could handle?

Thanks
lawrenson
join:2012-02-22

lawrenson

The numbers you're seeing are based on your current profile.
6/0.8 is ADSL while 15/10 would be VDSL, so you can't really tell what your max would be until the switch happens.
markuswarren
join:2006-01-28

markuswarren

Thank you for the reply.
That is one of the answers I was hoping for. Once the switch happens I will report back and note what I am seeing, which I hope is more than the seemingly 10 down

anonymous2
@velcom.ca

anonymous2

Anon

It means that your line could theoretically sync at an approximate rate of 9428Kbps. The line rate isn't what you're interested in and it reminds of the old Speedtouch Home that also reported two different numbers in that manner. I'm not 100% sure the difference between "payload" and "line rate" as reported by your modem but the payload rate is what you're going to want to look at. This estimated maximum tells you almost nothing about possible VDSL2 nor even ADSL2+ speeds.

By the way, you're not getting the full speeds that you are paying for. I would request them to put you on the 6016/800Kbps profile that you should be on but are not. Just make sure they don't slow you down further after you make the request. There was a time when much too many trouble tickets handed off to Bell were automatically handled by them reducing your speed profile without any further investigation or repair.