Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bnceo

join:2007-10-11
Bel Air, MD

2 recommendations

More Bothered By Obama comment now

It is our job as American citizens to hold our government responsible. And when that government fears losing and starts doing everything to protect its power, including violating the very founding documents of our land, that is when its time to revolt. And for government to "reject those voices" who speak of government tyranny, I point to this story, the IRS, AT&T/Verizon/Sprint cooperation, and more like it. Government from the get go can't be trusted by the very fact that they hold all the cards.

Below is the part of the graduation speech President Obama gave that irks me.

Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems. Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works. They’ll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, and creative, and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can’t be trusted.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Perhaps this gobbling up of AP reporter information will result in a press that's slightly more attentive to the fact that we've got a serious problem on our hands -- and one that also impacts them

And perhaps not. Obama is untouchable by the liberal MSM. A huge change from the previous president where the press would have been demanding impeachment.
--
"If you want to anger a conservative lie to him.
If you want to anger a liberal tell him the truth."

Ghoul

join:2001-02-04
Mastic Beach, NY
They're already twisting themselves into knots to justify this. I fully expect these lines of reasoning:

"Dear Leader works in mysterious ways, and to question Him means you are a racist.

"He only hurts us because he loves us"

And the best one....

"It's like a parent using a baby monitor, they do it because they want to keep us safe".