Click for full size
Click for full size

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

You have tree limbs obstructing your satellite reception. No need for a new bunch of pictures. You have two courses of action. Cut the limbs back or move the dish to a location that is not obstructed. Your need is to correct your reception issues.

Why don't you call Directv and ask them what the charge is to move the dish? I bet it will be less expensive than hiring someone to trim the tree limbs.
Jack_in_VA

Jack_in_VA to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
Duplicate post

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to IowaCowboy

MVM

to IowaCowboy
Until you posted that middle picture (away from house, right at corner), I wasn't sure how those branches were blocking the signal.

Problem with moving the dish is in general, they won't install it "above" living space. Notice where the dish is now ? It's above the eave. Straight down isn't any living space (although in reality, any water could end up inside). You have no overhang on that side going up towards the peak.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by Hall:

Until you posted that middle picture (away from house, right at corner), I wasn't sure how those branches were blocking the signal.

Problem with moving the dish is in general, they won't install it "above" living space. Notice where the dish is now ? It's above the eave. Straight down isn't any living space (although in reality, any water could end up inside). You have no overhang on that side going up towards the peak.

That statement is incorrect. Directv will in fact install it anywhere on a roof where they can obtain an unobstructed signal. I have 2 installations near me with the dish on the roof ridge of the houses.

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
The new pictures show the situation better. If you could pull that window AC out temporarily, you could reach out the window with one of these. »www.homedepot.com/p/Fisk ··· 00153111

Maybe the landlord would assist, or you may have a friend who already has a tree trimming pole.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jack_in_VA
Dirctv and dish will both install over living spaces I have a old dishtv dish that is over my bed left for from the old people that lived there.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by chip89:

Dirctv and dish will both install over living spaces I have a old dishtv dish that is over my bed left for from the old people that lived there.

I know Directv will. Not sure about Dish.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to chip89

Premium Member

to chip89
said by chip89:

My installer a few years ago coated the lag bolts with silicone sealant (although I would have used roofing tar if I was installing it myself).