share rss forum feed

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

This just in...Apple is calling the S4 an infringing product

Apple has confirmed it will add Samsung’s newest flagship, the Galaxy S 4 to its ongoing patent-infringement lawsuit. In a statement filed in the US District Court in California yesterday, Apple says it has analyzed the Galaxy S 4 and “concluded that it is an infringing device and accordingly intends to move for leave to add the Galaxy S 4 as an infringing product.”

Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy S 4 To Ongoing Patent Infringement Case | DroidDog Android BlogDroidDog Android Blog

All I have to say is this... SCREW YOU APPLE!
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

1 recommendation

Of course it's 'infringing'... on crApples profit. And, it's kicking their ass at it.

Boo hoo. Time for the fruitie's to get in the 21st century, and make a real device.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
reply to trparky
I'd say they might be correct. Let's just leave the original verdict alone... it is what is is... ruling was against Samsung and they are still fighting it. But I could see that Samsung did not change much on the S4. Of course Apple is looking to included it. If it "looks" like the S3 and "works" like the S3 they are going to see if a judge will allow it in. It's worth millions (if not billions) of dollars to Apple. Who here would leave that kind of money on the table? Answer... someone who would be looking for a job the following day.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM

1 recommendation

reply to trparky
I love my iMacs, but I have never see a company that loves litigation like Apple. They want no competition for their iPhones and iPads. Well, here is the verdict......

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
said by lordpuffer:

I have never seen a company that loves litigation like Apple.

And that is the chief reason why I will NEVER buy another Apple product EVER in my life! And I will continue to convince people that I encounter to not buy Apple products because of that reason.

Competition is good, it's what drives innovation and makes products better. Apple seems to be on this kick in which they, as you have said lordpuffer See Profile to eliminate competition in their market. I can't stand for that kind of behavior and again, I will convince others to boycott Apple products because of that reason.

I owned an iPhone 3GS and an iPhone 4 before I switched to Android. Never again will I ever buy an Apple product.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviews:
·CableOne
said by trparky:

I owned an iPhone 3GS and an iPhone 4 before I switched to Android.

lol....I owned the same two phones before I switched too!

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
kudos:1
reply to trparky
Déjà vu.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to trparky
I think if anything, samsung owes apple a big "THANK YOU!" cause without these nonsense lawsuits, they wouldn't be where they're at today! (Does apple not realize that????)

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

3 edits
said by djdanska:

I think if anything, samsung owes apple a big "THANK YOU!" cause without these nonsense lawsuits, they wouldn't be where they're at today! (Does apple not realize that????)

Yeah its like the religious fanatics that made such a big deal about Gay equal rights and marriage (and look where that's going), or other anti christian things like TV shows...

Married With Children was withering in its second season until the religious wacko wife in Ohio filed suit and made national news and made people who never had watched do so and laugh their butts off at the well done SATIRE not reality she saw it as and instead of driving it off the air made it one of the most successful sitcoms of all time, and a big boost to FOX awareness overall.

Same was tried with the Simpsons (again from those who just can't understand SATIRE and only see literal reality) and since cartoon characters never age I think is now at 23 years the longest running prime time show of all time. That is what killed Married with Children the kids got too old.
--

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless
reply to trparky
I will never buy iCrap for this and other reason's. Apple overcharges and can't stand competition. With most of Apple products made in China it makes no sense that their products are more expensive.

Apple is a fraudulent company at it's core, all about profits and high salaries for it's CEO. Philanthropy isn't even in it's nature as it is with Microsoft.

Didn't they lose in Europe?
--
---- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
---- Albert Einstein

-- DLink DIR-825 (B1) fw2.09NA / DAP-1522 (a1) fw 1.40 {1 @ 5ghz bridge mode; 2nd semi-retired} / Motorola SB6141

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
reply to trparky
said by 'the article' :

The court wants Apple to reduce the amount of products on their infringing lists, but Apple believes the Galaxy S 4 poses more of an immediate threat than at least one of the other devices already named.

I'd love to hear Apple's definition of "immediate threat" ! And I can help Apple with which device to remove to allow room for the S4: the oldest and lowest-selling Samsung device currently on the list.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Hayward
said by Hayward:

said by djdanska:

Yeah its like the religious fanatics that made such a big deal about Gay equal rights and marriage (and look where that's going), or other anti christian things like TV shows...

Married With Children was withering in its second season until the religious wacko wife in Ohio filed suit and made national news and made people who never had watched do so and laugh their butts off at the well done SATIRE not reality she saw it as and instead of driving it off the air made it one of the most successful sitcoms of all time, and a big boost to FOX awareness overall.

Same was tried with the Simpsons (again from those who just can't understand SATIRE and only see literal reality) and since cartoon characters never age I think is now at 23 years the longest running prime time show of all time. That is what killed Married with Children the kids got too old.

P2P Piracy could be seen as the same thing. Every new method of pirating is usually partially underground and then the MAFIAA starts to harp about it and suddenly it becomes a top Google search.

Howard Stern became huge by fueling his show off the content that got him in trouble. And his ratings always went up with every FCC fine.

The wardrobe malfunction during the superbowl? would have drifted off into the land of forgotten youtube videos if nobody had made issue of it.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA
reply to trparky
If you consider what was done to his partners in the beginning, you would have to admit that apple/Mac was founded on something at least similar to piracy.
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to trparky
Ahhhh, shaddup Apple. Cry babies.

Skipdawg
The Original
Premium,ExMod 2001-03
join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA

1 recommendation

reply to trparky
Yea Apple needs to be put in a time out in the corner.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to La Luna
said by La Luna:

Ahhhh, shaddup Apple. Cry babies.

I doubt they have the ability to shut up.

Of course the patent system also needs to be fixed to stop this, Because lots of smartphone patent fights are over so called "Look and Feel" innovations. In simple terms if cars worked like the smart phone industry someone would actually be able to patent putting the accelerator on the right and the brake on the left.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports