Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus

join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

[Rant] Ebay Users and Gift Cards

I was buying some things from amazon and I decided to look at ebay to see about getting some free money by buying a gift card for less than face value.

Well it looks like ebay buyers are really stupid.
$50 gift card sells for $52 with 14 bids
$5 gift card sells for $15.50 with 10 bids
$25 gift card sold for $27.

If you let people bid for the gift cards you will get more than face value.
There is only one good deal and that is a $500 gift card with a buy it now for $480 so you make $20 in the deal.

I just dont get what is wrong with people to spend more on a gift card than what it is worth. Stupid people have ruined ebay.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
said by Oh_No:

I just dont get what is wrong with people to spend more on a gift card than what it is worth. Stupid people have ruined ebay.

I stopped using ebay a few years ago when I bid on a used Mario Sunshine game. The game sold brand new for $19 on Amazon. I thought I might be able to buy it around $10 on ebay. It sold to some idiot for $30.

I don't think I've even looked at ebay since.
--
“I had to adjust my halo as I was machine-gunning hogs.” - Ted Nugent

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3
reply to Oh_No
If you're talking about itunes GCs, people from foreign countries who might not have access to itunes can use them.

PinkyThePig
Premium
join:2011-05-02
Tempe, AZ
reply to Oh_No
There are websites where you can exchange giftcards/buy them for less. IIRC one is plastic jungle. some cards you can sell to them for say 90% of face value and then they resell it for say 95%. I had sold 2 target giftcards to them once and got amazon credit in return. was quite nice.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus

join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL
reply to jjoshua
said by jjoshua:

If you're talking about itunes GCs, people from foreign countries who might not have access to itunes can use them.

It was for amazon gift cards.
I was just amazed at how people pay more than what they are worth.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
reply to Oh_No
Ebay is good only for rare items that not normally sold in stores. 90% of products sold on Ebay I can find cheaper.
--
Caddy

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
reply to Oh_No
people pay for convenience
--
Live Free or Die Hard...
Expand your moderator at work

Rob
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL
kudos:2
reply to Oh_No

Re: [Rant] Ebay Users and Gift Cards

Don't forget that the scammers intend on buying the gift cards (especially the ones who deliver the code electronically) with a hacked paypal account.

Cthen
Premium
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
reply to jjoshua
said by jjoshua:

Correct and not just Itunes either. There are a lot of other countries out there besides the U.S. and not all can purchase from the same places we do online. They have to buy U.S. purchase cards from places other than the U.S. retailers to be able to use/buy from these services.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
reply to Caddyroger
said by Caddyroger:

Ebay is good only for rare items that not normally sold in stores.

That, and also used industrial/commercial electronic devices.

It's pretty much all I ever buy from eBay.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
75% of the time I can find items cheaper including tax and shipping at other places.
--
Caddy