uniqs

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW to angussf

Premium Member

to angussf

Re: Microsoft security bulletin for may 14 2013

I'd try rebooting and see if that fixes it. It has for me in the past.

angussf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-11
Tucson, AZ

angussf

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

I'd try rebooting and see if that fixes it. It has for me in the past.

Immediately after posting the above, I did that, logging in to a "cleaner" admin-rights profile. Installing using the .msu was apparently successful, but Windows Update is still telling me I need 2804579 and still failing to install. Going off to reboot once more.

And this is just the first of many systems I'm responsible for. :-(
angussf

angussf to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
Click for full size
After another reboot, Windows Update still shows 1 update -- 2804579 -- needed, even though it was installed successfully already. @@#%$@#%!#$!#$ WU.

Anyone remember how to reset !#$%!%@! WU?
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

Frodo

said by angussf:

After another reboot, Windows Update still shows 1 update -- 2804579 -- needed, even though it was installed successfully already.

I was watching the updates, and I think I was seeing 32 bit and 64 bit updates. My guess is, you are showing that the 32 bit installation succeeded whereas, the 64 bit install failed.

I'm a little too new to Win 7 to tell you what to do. If it was my system, I'd probably go to add remove programs, remove it and see if it would install again. But, as I said, I'm very new to Win 7, been on XP for more than a decade.

angussf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-11
Tucson, AZ

angussf

Premium Member

said by Frodo:

I was watching the updates, and I think I was seeing 32 bit and 64 bit updates. My guess is, you are showing that the 32 bit installation succeeded whereas, the 64 bit install failed.

Good idea, but that's not it, the 32-bit MSU won't install on this system.
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

Frodo

said by angussf:

Good idea, but that's not it, the 32-bit MSU won't install on this system.

Well, fortunately, on this system, everything installed, no problem. Good luck with the trouble shooting. Since you have at least 1 successful install message, I'd still go look in add/remove programs to see if there is an uninstall option, so that you could start over with that particular item.