telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to FifthE1ement

MVM

to FifthE1ement

Re: DVR Extender w/Moto Boxes

Yes, having the A30 guide update is one requirement for being able to use an external HD, the other is that the eSATA port has to be activated by Comcast in your area for your DVR also.
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

said by FifthE1ement:

said by telcodad:

The latest update »media2.comcast.net/anon. ··· 0-13.pdf now says that "customers in DC, MD & VA are currently scheduled to have this feature activated in June."

It also states that customers in Florida are still scheduled to have it activated the week of June 3rd.

I wonder if that means they will update us (Florida) to A30 then too?

5th

said by telcodad:

Yes, having the A30 guide update is one requirement for being able to use an external HD, the other is that the eSATA port has to be activated by Comcast in your area for your DVR also.

According to this post »forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· 7#M75607 today, Florida is still scheduled to have it activated by the end of this week.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to telcodad

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

How can I tell if it's been activated?
said by telcodad:

said by FifthE1ement:

said by telcodad:

The latest update »media2.comcast.net/anon. ··· 0-13.pdf now says that "customers in DC, MD & VA are currently scheduled to have this feature activated in June."

It also states that customers in Florida are still scheduled to have it activated the week of June 3rd.

I wonder if that means they will update us (Florida) to A30 then too?

5th

said by telcodad:

According to this post »forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· 7#M75607 today, Florida is still scheduled to have it activated by the end of this week.

Lol, they were dead on as Comcast activated it June 3rd at 3am!

5th

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by FifthE1ement:

How can I tell if it's been activated?

Lol, they were dead on as Comcast activated it June 3rd at 3am!

5th

If you have the A30 Guide update, but the eSATA port has not yet been enabled by Comcast, you will get an "08-Alert account not authorized to use external storage" error message when you try to connect the hard drive.